Not sure where screws belong Seiko 7006A

16 hours ago, Triacon said:

Looks like the 4 large screws are used for the Balance Cock and the Barrel and Train Bridge. Back row, left.

Front row, I seperated 1-1-3, but I now feel that the first screw is just like the 3 to the right...  I think that two of the four front row screws are for the pallet bridge, and two are for the date dial guard.

Back row right are two screws that don't look alike since I damaged one.  It's counter sink head got pushed off because I forced a long screw from the other side of the movement, (Center wheel bridge) pushing the day jumper plate over the small screw... Center wheel bridge screw should be shorter

The screw to the left of them might be fit the setting lever plate , since it has a counter sunk head.

I think I am missing a pallet bridge screw. Adding up the screws needed, I think you need 7 on the back of the movement, and 6 on the face side.  I did not mention the screw that holds down the date and day finger.

Looking for another  7006A movement that I can use for reference/parts....

image.jpg

Easier to find a 7005 movement? It's the same movement without the day ring. Check our friend on ebay Mr    thewatchcollector.

http://www.ebay.com/sch/thewatchcollector/m.html?_nkw=&_armrs=1&_ipg=&_from=

• Like 1

I'm fairly new at this hobby and got burned a few times by the problem of what screw goes where when reassembling, so I now photograph every step of the dismantling process. I have a point and shoot digital camera with an excellent macro, so it's easy and quick to take a quick pic of each component and its screw(s), then save them in a logically named folder when it's all in pieces. Typically i will take about 50 pics per watch, and I've attached a few representative ones below. The one of the parts tray with all the pieces and their fasteners is especially useful I find.

And my big sin is that I don't always clean the fasteners unless they're really dirty as that way the groups of them don't get mixed up. 

It's always a head-scratcher moment when the watch is completely assembled, and running, but there's a screw, or two, left in the tray.

P5293621.JPG

P5293643.JPG

P5293662.JPG