Swiss De Luxe?

I am hoping that someone can help me with an incabloc movement?

The watch is a Cheap Swiss De Luxe, the only identification I can find on the movement is BASIS WATCH 22 and BRAC?

I am trying to find a technical manual or something to help me put the thing back together, I have stripped and cleaned it but the images I took for reference on breakdown don't really help, (see the attached image), anyway any help would be appreciated.

Thanks  Den

SwissDeLuxe.jpg

What are you struggling with specifically? Even if you find some documentation it will most likely just be a parts list.  Looks like you have a single bridge to hold the train and barrel in place. The train wheels will only all fit together in one order, so try and place them so that everything meshes and looks like it will turn freely. Then place the bridge on top and gently move the wheels until they all align in their respective jewels.  This can be tricky to start with and takes patience. Do not press the bridge down without making sure all of the wheels remain free, or you will be back asking where to buy replacements!

If you are struggling to identify the homes of other parts then post some better pictures here and you will get plenty of help.

By the way, it looks like the barrel arbour is upside down in the barrel as there appears to be a large gap around it (could just be the photo). Did you take out the mainspring?

Good luck

S

Thank you both for your replies, I think someone had this watch apart before as it does look like some parts are in the wrong place, some were just loose in the case and the bridge screws were also loose.  Stuart, no I did not remove the mainspring.

I am very new to horology so everyday is a new lesson on what not to do.

Thanks again guys.

Den

3 hours ago, Alienfox said:

I am very new to horology so everyday is a new lesson on what not to do

Excellent, so now that it has been hinted, you can take apart that mainspring barrel and play with it! :)

Doesn't it sound like a wonderful adventure?! In any case, do check every pivot and do come back if you need to find any replacement parts....hopefully some of us can "stir" you in the right direction!

Cheers,

Bob

On 6/4/2016 at 8:35 AM, Alienfox said:

The watch is a Cheap Swiss De Luxe, the only identification I can find on the movement is BASIS WATCH 22 and BRAC?

I am trying to find a technical manual or something to help me put the thing back together, I have stripped and cleaned it but the images I took for reference on breakdown don't really help, (see the attached image), anyway any help would be appreciated.

Thanks  Den

SwissDeLuxe.jpg

Hello Den,

@rogart63 is right--this is a BRAC movement the caliber is either 502 or 512. Its not an Incabloc movement but instead uses what is called "contrachoc" to protect the pivots of the hairsping. I've only done a few but they are rather difficult and unforgiving even among the cheaper watch movements of which I've done my share. That top plate is a real gothic nightmare to get over the drive powertrain gears--proceed with caution.

Here is a link to some more info: http://www.christophlorenz.de/watch/movements/b/brac/index.php?l=en

I might have some pictures of a break down and rebuild somehwere on my computer.... unless I erased them.

DSCN4008.JPG

Edited by noirrac1j
  • Like 1

On 6/4/2016 at 8:35 AM, Alienfox said:

Thanks  Den

SwissDeLuxe.jpg

Hello Den,

I found some pictures of the BRAC 502, but unfortunately they are incomplete and do not show assembly of the keyless works or the the dial side workings. It does however, show the geartrain:

DSCN1942.JPG

DSCN1934.JPGDSCN1933.JPG

DSCN1941.JPG

DSCN1943.JPG

DSCN1935.JPG

DSCN1936.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Guys, thanks to everyone who has helped me with this question, Bob, I did take the mainspring apart, no winder though so referring back to my 'Watch Repairing as a Hobby book' by D W Fletcher I managed to use a pin vice to wind in back into the barrel.

noirrac1j, thank you for the images with them I managed to put the watch back together and it ran for about 4 hours then stopped, as far as I am concerned that is a victory for me.  All I need to do now is strip it again and see why it now keeps stoping after about 3 or 4 minutes?

Anyway, once again thanks to everyone on the forum with out your help over the past few months I would have a large box of parts instead on watches.

Den

Edited by Alienfox
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Alienfox said:

Hi Guys, thanks to everyone who has helped me with this question, Bob, I did take the mainspring apart, no winder though so referring back to my 'Watch Repairing as a Hobby book' by D W Fletcher I managed to use a pin vice to wind in back into the barrel.

noirrac1j, thank you for the images with them I managed to put the watch back together and it ran for about 4 hours then stopped, as far as I am concerned that is a victory for me.  All I need to do now is strip it again and see why it now keeps stoping after about 3 or 4 minutes?

Anyway, once again thanks to everyone on the forum with out your help over the past few months I would have a large box of parts instead on watches.

Den

Den that is a victory! If it ran for 4 minutes, that means everything is probably where it should be. I would suggest you inspect that hairspring closely for any dirt. Also look at the pivots and wherever the gears mesh on the powertrain wheels for anything. For example: I know from personal experience that synthetic yarns (a single strand) are very tough and elastic, and if they get caught anywhere in the powertrain, they will cause problems. Use a good 10x loupe to inspect closely. Also, look at the drillings for the wheel pivots on the top plate....they may be worn. 

JC

Edited by noirrac1j