What lubricant in brass "jewel" hole?

Hi szbalogh,

The lubricant depends upon which part you are lubricating.

If it is a Barrel Arbor then I would suggest Jismaa "Green", but if it's a Centre Wheel then it might be D5 or 9010.

The application is just as important as the bearing materal.

43 minutes ago, Lawson said:

Hi szbalogh,

The lubricant depends upon which part you are lubricating.

If it is a Barrel Arbor then I would suggest Jismaa "Green", but if it's a Centre Wheel then it might be D5 or 9010.

The application is just as important as the bearing materal.

Thank You for the comment!

I know what and where for a new watch but this is completely different :)

Look at the pictures: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r0nvabby6tpw49l/AAD9PKSIyzbLbnOnvFUz0FbQa?dl=0

No center wheel at all. Hands are driven directly from the barrel.

There was some lubricant dried on the teeth as well on the 2nd and 3rd wheels. What to apply here?

I think i will stick with 9020 from the balance up to the escape wheel and apply D-5 on the rest 2 wheels. Or 9010 to the jewel holes and 9020 in the brass holes? :/ What do You think?

Doesn't answer your oiling question but if that's a blue carbon steel mainspring you may struggle get good amplitude and timekeeping, but then again you might struggle to find a replacement.

I would stick to D5 and 9020 if I was you, 9010 in my opinion is too thin for pivots on a watch of this size and age, although I have never serviced a movement with this type of arrangement,

Here's the oils I'd use from my supply of greases and oils:

Mainspring - 8200

Barrel Arbor - Jismaa "Green"

Train Wheels - 9010

Pin and Lever - 9010

Balance Pivots - 9010

Motion and Keyless Work - 9501 and D5

Canon Pinion - 9501

But all the oils you use will be FAR superior to anything they had back when this was made.  So use what you have that is as close to the list above as possible and see how it runs.

• Like 1