Watch collection

Out and out vintage OMEGA fan - present collection (all in steel):-

• 168.010 Connie cal 564 (hidden crown)
  • 168.004 Connie cal 561 (hidden crown)
  • 166.032 Seamaster cal 752 (day/date)
  • 14902 Connie cal 561 (pie-pan/dog leg)
  • 168.005 cal 564 (pie-pan/dog leg)
  • 2627-5 (bumper - date @ 6) - gorgeous guilloche dial with gold arrow-head markers and hands
  • 'TV' De Ville quartz cal 1342 (lovely, integrated Milanese bracelet)  

The 'greens' are my favs and I will be keeping them long-term - IMHO the 168.004 (lovely multi-profile lugs) is much nicer than the successor 168.010 despite the quickset in the latter.

The 14902 case is more substantial than the 168.005 successor. TBH, the 168.005 (made in 1968 as the papers show) reveals in my opinion an early indication of Omega's quality slide - it is just not to the same standard as the 14902 - lug fixing and finishing in particular!

Finally, and as a mark of the restoration of my faith in the brand, on Tuesday next I take delivery of 41.5mm, blue dial Aqua Terra cal 8500 :)

Not the best of piccys but here you go !

The TV De Ville is the only one I have fettled to date and wear regularly - bought it as a non-runner and got in going as a self-challenge (used to be lot of non-running 1342s on ebay a few years back - I would buy them for next to nothing, get them going then sell them on - made several £100 in the process :) - today there are few for sale and those that appear are asking silly money :( )

All my other watches are runners but need at least a service (I just popped the movement back in the 168.005 case for the photo but left the crown off). I am on the cusp of starting to work on the watches - hence joining this site for help and advice (never worked on an all mechanical yet  :huh:)

my watches 024.jpg

20160403_170521.jpg

20160403_170546.jpg

my watches 009.jpg

my watches 010.jpg

my watches 012.jpg

my watches 015.jpg

my watches 020.jpg

my watches 022.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks :) - as with the 1342s, I note that far fewer Omegas appear on auction sites than a few years back and again those that do are commanding significantly higher prices. All mine in the photos were bought off ebay about 5 years ago and for not much money. I think a major part of the reason is that Omega seem to be getting their act back together after about 30 years - and that has renewed peoples' interest in the vintage models 

Very Nice . Thanks for sharing them with us . I too am loving those Omegas more and more .  People often ask me which are my favorite watches , and I would have to stop and think on it for a bit . Now that I finally started collecting Omegas It is easy to answer that question .  

I love the Pie Pans , and the Speedmasters , especially my triple date .

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I posted it under "Watch Collections" to correct myself - I will send a piccy no probs - I am told (may be wrong) that historically Omega would only sell a 'Case Kit' - I will be interested to see what the USA Anti Trust laws make of the Swatch stance - in the UK (EU) our consumer protection laws are **BLEEP**-poor BTW :(