Extracting a screw!

Has anyone any ideas how I can remove the setting lever screw from this omega movement? I've managed to turn it a tiny bit but I'm scared I might strip the head off it! I left it over night with a bit of oil on it. Is there anything out there that will help that I haven't heard of? 

image.jpeg

Ive looked at these, cant find anything to show how to use them, could you explain how? or do you know of any videos online i could look at? ive done a search and can only find videos which dont actually show it being used.

Hi Paul, I have attached a pic of the shafts that come with it of different sizes. On their end are what are like tiny spikes/barbs & these grab the broken screw stub. Then once grabbed you turn the shaft to unscrew or if I remember correctly you just grab the screw stub & turn the whole bridge. As I have stated I have not tried it but it should work.

Screen Shot 2016-03-31 at 11.48.42.png

you could strip the whole movement down (to a point) and use alum powder to dissolve the screw.. however it depends on if you can strip the whole thing down to just the bridge with the screw intact.

To use the screw extractor, you clamp the tool in vise and then you "clamp" the bridge/plate with the broken screw in the unit and tighten the shafts (it comes with different sizes, pick the biggest one that will fit the screw hole) down onto both sides of the broken piece of screw.  Then you turn the bridge and walk the screw out.

It's a nice tool that comes in a spendy yellow box and i've never found a video of it in use either.  Used it once years ago in college.

if you do strip the head off, and you can get it down to just that one screw on the bridge, alum will work.  if you don't have the patience for alum, sulfuric acid (battery acid) will work as well.  Bergeon sells this as Vissin and like several others, it's a common item in a really expensive yellow box.  Face shield, nitrile gloves, baking soda and some water are all good things to employ when using sulfuric acid.

N.B.  US terms for all this stuff, yours may be different on that side of the pond.

Thanks for your help everyone, look like I'm going to be ordering the burgeon screw extractor! lets hope it does the deed. Ive tried the Alum powder on a screw before, it seemed to work at first, i could see the screw had dissolved a little, but then it stopped after maybe 1/4 of the screw had gone.... so not sure what happened there.