Help With A Quartz Movement Needed

I recently fitted a new movement to a Fossil watch.

Sold by Walsh in the UK as an Hattori but it is in fact marked as "Epson VX32E" which is the identical movement that I took out of the watch so it should be absolutely correct.

I realise that these are as cheap as chips and very basic but since installing it seems to be losing a few minutes a day.

Have I done something wrong by just fitting it to the watch and expecting it to run perfectly or should I have done some lubrication. I'm assuming the these type of movements have no facility for adjustment ?

The original movement kept perfect time.

Any ideas why or what to do to correct it.

Thanks for any opinions or advice, Mike

Hi Steven, thanks for the suggestion. I've just checked and it doesn't seem to be touching but is is very difficult to tell.

I may fetch it out again and see if the finger is slightly raised.

Meanwhile I'll wait to see if anyone else has other ideas.

Mike

Thanks clockboy, I did this watch for a friend and gave it back to him to see how it ran. I will get it back next week and try a new battery in it.

The one that's in came with the movement from HS Walsh but it could be out of date.

I'll let you know what the outcome is.

Thanks, Mike 

Check that the dial, hour hand and all hands have adequate clearance from each other, as well as any hour markers not making contact with the minute hand as it sweeps across the dial, a clear unbroken beam of light should be visible between all hands if you look parallel down the dial, use a lamp shining towards your face if you need a clearer view. 

Other than that you may have disfigured the hour canon, in which the hour hand sits, since it's just made out of plastic, it's easily done. (can cause it to grind up against the minute canon, causing resistance)
The battery as clockboy suggests is also very much worth checking.

if all that fails, chances are you got unlucky and were sent a movement in poor working condition, I was sent a ~£25 ETA 955 something with a faulty calendar mechanism once. 

no lubricating or calibrating should be necessary on a new movement,

Edited by Ishima

Thanks clockboy, I did this watch for a friend and gave it back to him to see how it ran. I will get it back next week and try a new battery in it.

The one that's in came with the movement from HS Walsh but it could be out of date.

Thanks, Mike 

Thanks, Mike 

Ok I doubt if it is the battery but worth a check. It is either a binding issue or a fault with the movement but being a new movement that is doubtful.

If it was a used movement I would check the resistance of the capacitor & coil.