Seitz Versus Favorite Jeweling Press

deloidtoc

Mark uses the larger Favorite set. I prefer this older model but only have the smaller sets available for purchase. The Seitz large sets are available to me but my gut says the Favorite is worth waiting for. I am a bit worried about the smaller Favorite set...I suspect that there are half the number of pump pushers.

I would appreciate thoughts an comments about these options. I'm already six watches behind as I no longer want to use my Moseley staking set.

Thanks in advance!

Dean

My only comment on this is that the Seitz parts are technically still available. But the down side is the new parts that fit on the plate such as the cannon pinion anvils have a different size pivot for the plate. So you have to be turn them down on a lathe to fit which is a pain because being hardened they have to be annealed first.

My only comment on this is that the Seitz parts are technically still available. But the down side is the new parts that fit on the plate such as the cannon pinion anvils have a different size pivot for the plate. So you have to be turn them down on a lathe to fit which is a pain because being hardened they have to be annealed first.

New Seitz parts have trouble with fit on older Seitz or Favorite systems (or both)?  As I understand it, older Seitz parts are supposed to fit on the Favorite.

Edited by deloidtoc