Automatic Chronograph Problem

eclipes

Hi. this just happen to my Tag Heuer a few days ago. Is the movement has some problem or the chronograph seconds hand just loose? I track the chronograph minute counter and it is function correctly, only the second hand goes like that.

Hi. this just happen to my Tag Heuer a few days ago. Is the movement has some problem or the chronograph seconds hand just loose? I track the chronograph minute counter and it is function correctly, only the second hand goes like that.

How. I think you have to explain a little better? What kind of movement is it? Pictures? Could be anything? 

I try to post a video here but it not appear on my post. The movement is TH calibre 16. The chronograph seconds hand seem loose. Swinging back and fortworh when the chronograph is operate.

I am by now means an expert on Tag heuer or Cal 16 . But the movement is based on a  valjoux 7750. Maybe some one else in here now more about it.

As you describe it? the second chronograph is loose? Does it hang down or is it just swing back and forth?  

Edited by rogart63

The problem of my watch is:-

1. Chronograph seconds not reset to zero anymore.

2. When operating the chrono, watch in horizontally flat position, the chronograph seconds run smooth.

3. When operating the chrono, watch in vertically position 12H, the chronograph seconds seem to have a problem "climbing" from 30s, then at 45s, the chronograph seconds hand just swing back to 30s. Same situation when it reach 10s then it just swing to 30s. It looks like the chrono seconds hand is loose.

4. Time keeping has no problem.

4. Chronograph minute counter has no problem, it just move from one minute to one minute with accurate timing. I compare the chronograph with digital stop watch.

• 3 weeks later...

Now, that's very clear that the chrono seconds hand is loose.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The chrono seconds hand is equip with the small stem that attach to the tube at the centre of the movement right? In this case, which part is loose?

If you could take the movement out from the case, the chrono seconds hand should fall out. Reset the chrono and then align the loose seconds hand pointing precisely to twelve. Press it in with the back of a tweezer.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Or you can send it to TH or you can see your local watchmaker. There is a risk of breaking the pivot where the hand fits in and/or you might have to fit the hole in the hand and ruin something quite visible...if you have never worked on watches before it would be an expensive compound problem.

• 1 month later...

My problem had solve. The service centre change the chronograph seconds hand. After reading a few article, I think that problem also related to the broken or lossen the part # 161. The centre tube for the valjoux 7750 movement.