Good Chronograph To Learn Overhaul?

I finally got a real ETA 7750.... Less than $230 including shipping--I could not have done better than that, believe me I tried.

It just arrived from..uh..Eastern Europe in working order. everything works fine and chrono hand resets perfect. The winding is a little stiff, and when I opened it up I can see the rotor spins  right along with the crown which is probably why its hard to manual wind. The watch keeps good time. I am going to wear it awhile before I dismantle. I am going to follow the super-illustrated and detailed walk through that @Lawson posted.

JC

DSCN0072.JPG

DSCN0073.JPG

Edited by noirrac1j
typo

On 25 January 2016 at 4:05 PM, noirrac1j said:

I am anxious to attempt a chronograph overhaul and wanted to get input from you knowledgeable fellows before digging into my pockets. Any thoughts?

Do as much "YouTube" research and reading as you can regarding the particular calibre before you start.  You have a lot of experience on watches now Joe, so you should do just fine.  Remember, if in doubt ........... Stop and ask for help, 'cause that's what we're for. :)

Hello @bobm12 and @Geo,

Thanks for the suggestions. Yes I am going to do a lot of reading and nothing will be done until I have all the proper materials and tools. I've ordered the specific oils such as Lubeta v105 and Molykote DX to add to the usual Moebius supply I currently have.

I have a bergeon 4040 ( a few actually) and I've ordered a special 7750 movement holder that allows testing the chrono function while nestled.  I am intimidated just looking at the procedures for disassembly because there are just so many thing going on mechanically! In any case, I'll have a special table where I can start and stop without anything being disturbed which allows for slow and steady work with no pressure. I'm wearing the watch right now--has a perfectly sized 40mm case and it's keeping good time. You guys will definitely hear from me as soon as the springs start a flyin'  

J

Edited by noirrac1j
weird typo came up

43 minutes ago, Geo said:

Joe, remember to have this Lawson's definitive walkthrough by your side, they don't come any better!

Oh I have this bookmarked for sure. This is what I used to make the list of things I needed to add to what I have.

J