Rotary Skeleton Movement Identification Help Please

Guys , I know Rotary watches don't use Rotary movements anymore so I need a hand with knowing what movement this watch has in it. The model number is GS02521/06 (13711) Also inscribed on the display back is PLO:007120, its a skeleton movement in silver with engraved scroll on the movement parts.

I'll post pictures if needed ok, fingers crossed someone will have the info, cheers guys

The chance of getting information on this movement is pretty slim as I'm sure it is Chinese. I would remove the hands and measure the size of the arbours the purchase a set of hands from one of the many suppliers on the net. There is a huge selection of hands available to pick from.

Somehow the movement makes me think of an ETA 6498/97 type...a highly modified real one or a clone. It doesn't matter which. I wonder what ligne it is and if either ETA or Chinese parts of a similar would work on it. As we know, ETA 6498 et al are ligne 16.5 so that would be a big watch. Because the picture doesn't gives dimensions, we can only guess. Given the impossibility to figure out what movement it is at this point, I would contact the manufacturer...Just MHO.

Cheers,

Bob

Thanks guys I'll get the movement size for you all later, I'm away from the "bench" for tonight, trying to fit an impulse jewel to this waltham pocket watch and having snags getting it positioned correctly, I keep over banking, Ohwell hobbiest without all the correct tools, really need a staking set now

Ok guys the size (not in lignes) top plate 37.1mm bottom plate 36.4 mm the top plate seems to have a small overhang/lip hence why it is slightly bigger. Hope this helps.

I looked at the Hangzhou 9000 looks very similar except like all the ones I've seen the click is on the opposite side to mine. Hence why I have this thread running trying to find out the exact movement.

Both the plates are slightly bent (fight) one hand broken, missing stem and crown. Hopefully nothing else is capped in there.

Missed out on them but not to worry as none of the movements were suitable, but how does Rotary get away with some of its designs, atleast one submariner copy there and a datejust aswell.

Ive just spent my ebay money on a new waltham traveller movement, mainly for the balance as im trying to a fix the roller table on mine and without a staking set it's pretty hard work, so just incase it all goes wrong ive got a spare now.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Instead of creating a million threads, I figured I'd keep my notes and questions bundled up here. I'm working on the barrel at the moment, and it appears to have a detached bridle like my 1954 Bulova 10BPAC, but also has an attached bridle. The detached bridle is also extremely thin, and in fact doesn't even show up on the photo I took. According to the tech sheet: So my questions three: 1. Should the slip ring always be replaced as suggested, or can it be cleaned and reused? 2. Is braking grease still used, and if so would it be on the inside or outside of the slip ring? 3. Do I need to go out and buy dry lubricant? I have Lubeta v105 and v106 which are supposed to dry to lubricating films. Might one of those be appropriate?
    • I was thinking of buying the same one 6 months ago but still haven't gotten around to it. I have the same Parkside motor in the bench grinder,  the speed is very adjustable but has inconsistent torque through speed ranges. Not recommended to use an additional voltage regulator considering it already had one installed. Hope this helps. The parkside gear is ok, apparently German made, I'm sure i have seen Arnie endorse advertising them on tv 😅. I have a few tools for budget price they're good value for money.
    • The cannon pinion is pressed onto the off-center center wheel in this Omega 1001. Sorry for the blurry shot; it's the best one I had. The tech sheet suggests: But I'm trying to think how I would do that. I was hoping someone with experience on this movement could weigh in.
    • Hi All, just gone to wind in the mainspring on this Rolex  cal 2236 to find that it does not have a hole but instead is flared on the end to sit in the flared part of the arbor. Does anyone know if there is a winder on the market for this as although I have not tried yet I am assuming that my standard winder will not work in this case. thanks. Any help or advice appreciated. I have seen that some sellers on Ebay are selling mainsprings that they say are for 2235 and 2236 so again I am assuming the 2235 uses the same spring and Cousins sell a winder for the 2235  so would I be correct in assuming it would fit the 2236 does anyone know.
    • A friend brought me this beautiful Omega to service. It's the first time I've seen this movement, so I'm looking through the technical guide for...guidance. Sorry for the photos instead of text--I wasn't able to get a satisfactory cut-n-paste. The PDF is attached. First question: are they suggesting *all* of these parts be treated with epilame, or just saying they are treated from the factory with a special coating?   Most everything else I can work out:   But my second question is this guy, from the automatic winding block. I'm assuming it's a one-way clutch, and I did not want to risk taking it apart with no knowledge of it. So do I take it apart? How is it lubricated? I have Lubeta V105, would that be appropriate here? Omega 1001.pdf