Help With Tudor 2671 Winding Stem Removal

I have attatched a picture or 2 is there a screw on this movement or a button type release on this 2671 Tudor Princess Date movement

I need to remove the stem.

Let me know the steps to take and how it should be prepped.

Thanks

post-144-0-94268700-1396536776_thumb.jpg

post-144-0-90017900-1396536778_thumb.jpg

any idea how far to push it in, I hear that some movements if you push down to far it might mess things up. Sorry I'm not technical when it comes to the wording. Just the basics like crown,crystal,stem, rotor etc.

i will give that a try

thanks

I'm sure others who have done this more than I will give you direction...

But, From what I can remember, use a screw driver about the same width as the slot to push the pin in. You don't want to push the pin is farther than the slot shoulders will allow as this will cause the retaining pin to slip out of place. Then it may require disassembly to replace the retaining mechanism

• Like 1

just don't push it in when you refit the stem, you should be able to turn it back into the movement without touching the button, its often when you put the stem back in you get problems with it disappearing (if you push it)

I got it out but now I can't seem to get the movement straight into the case. I had to remove one case clamp and screw on one side to get the movement to slip in level now not sure how to put back the case clamp. Wish there was some sort of video on the removal and replacement of the 2671 Tudor movement.

I will keep looking to try and figure it out. This is my first time. The watch came with the movement out of the case so it could be called watch parts for customs reasons. Now just have to put it back together.

post-144-0-72319900-1396540381_thumb.jpg

I don't think that is even the right clip for this application(?) I would guess it should look just live the other retaining clip on the other side of the movement.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• This is a flying cutter, usual one. The cutter itself is shown in the pictures in the first message, it is made of broken tungsten carbide drill bit. I asure that all the angles of the cutter are as they should be. I have video - little older one - that I made when onse making the same kind of winding pinion for a Poljot 2200, which is even smaller than this one. It is not easy to see in the video, but the tool rest moves about 1mm towards the object in Y direction and then returns back untill cutter is rotating. Then the spindle is rotated one tooth ahead and everything repeated untill all teeth are cut.
    • After a bit further research could it possibly be an AS 970?
    • Latest project was a non-running ebay purchase with an FHF70 movement. I stripped and cleaned it, reassembled it, and got it running. So far so good, nothing damaged AFAIK.  I was oiling the top jewel on the balance (the one in the cock) which was a slightly unusual shock setting. I removed the spring (3 leaves) which was part of a chaton holding the cap jewel. This left the hole jewel behind which I retrieved with rodico and then lost it. I was taking it off the rodico, very gently as I thought, with tweezers, and then it just disappeared.  Fast forward a week, I got a donor movement, non-running, with the plan to just take the shock jewel that I’d lost. It was the same movement but had standard incabloc settings, and was steel rather than copper/brass.  I changed the cock and balance complete and it ran, not very well. I switched the lower jewel setting, cleaned and oiled both jewels and the replacement balance. Without the pallet fork the balance swings very nicely with a puff of air. With the fork in place, balance out, it flicks side to side nicely with power in the mainspring.  Put them together and it doesn’t run. The impulse jewel sits in the fork and it stops.      Any suggestions how I proceed? In case you didn’t follow that I have 2 FHF70 movements, nothing broken as far as I can tell, but mixing up the balance wheels and jewel settings results in a non runner. 
    • Oh and this almost perfect third wheel pivot and slightly set mainspring  Ah ok yes i see what you mean, good idea. I'll try that if i fluff this one up. The image isn't great quality but i like the idea though.
    • Why cut the paper, cut a square around the image and grind to it.