Lejaye? Anyone Familiar?

ramrod

i bought this off of fleabay about 6 months ago and i barely even look at it. it is a hand wind auto. i always liked hand wind automatics. it keeps great time, too. it has a very beautiful dial on it. really stunning in the sunlight

does anyone know anything about LeJaye? the movement looks a bit like a citizen auto.

post-836-0-06377600-1449539383.jpg

post-836-0-76039600-1449539577.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• The sprIng is OK. Do You have pin wice that is able to grasp the arbor for the pivot that goes in the lid hole? If so, there is another way that I believe will be easier for You and safer for the spring to put in back in the barrel.  The hairspring... Need pictures to tell what is needed to bring it in perfect (or at least good enough) shape. The spring was looking easy to repair, as the problem seemed to be just bent in one place. Need to know why it is out of plane - is it stretched like funnel or goes out of plane in single (or 2-3) place(s)?
    • I did eventually solved the issue. I removed the balance wheel and cleaned it again, including the jewels. Reinstalled and it's working fine now.
    • Hi Simeon, Your name... Are You bulgarian? Why You have to push the tube of the pusher out? I guess that You just need another pusher, it will fit in place and just a circlip (as I remember) holds it in place. Of cource, You will need a donor watch to take the pusher out of it, nowhere else such pusher can be found, unless making one by Youself...
    • Hi there is a definite wear pattern but follow old Hippys advice and face up the teeth and don’t shorten them , check the bushings and pivots also. If they are lantern pinions and worn they can br replaced easy enough.
    • Out of curiosity I went to eBay as that's where I previously saw this interesting practice of ripping off the scared hobbyist. Initially what seemed like an amusing endeavor has turned somewhat depressing as there is some really greedy people out here seemingly trying to help you out but maybe I'm just misunderstanding their intentions. So for instance here's somebody selling a nice huge bottle of 0.5 mL at basically $18. Similarly I guess on the surface this doesn't look too bad. That only works out to $72 per standard 2 mL bottle. Although I did see another seller selling you one of those 2 mL bottles for $50 which I thought was a ripoff.   Yes the amusement started wearing off with things like this 0.2 mL or basically 1/10 of a standard 2 mL bottle. Or $170 for standard bottle I guess then this is a bargain for somebody. It looks like the best price I'm finding for the HP oils in the standard 2 mL bottle on eBay are about $40.   This one is very amusing new old stock freshly opened bottle of lubrication this actually supposed to be quite good. Problem is it was made when exactly? Yes there really is a reason why they put expiring dates on bottles although the Elgin synthetic oil seems to last forever and the Hamilton is supposed to be just as good so conceivably it does last forever. So once again you're getting a's spacious huge quantity of 0.2 mL at $15 So enough fun of looking at the ripoff price ofEBay lubrication. But if you take your time not everybody on eBay's ripping you I did find someone selling 2 mL bottles of HP oil for $40 which seems much more reasonable compared to the other sellers were breaking it up and it's super tiny little droplets of oil.