Service Manual Or Oil Chart For Eta 954.111

rogart63

I am about to service a ETA 954.111 movement . The canon pinion is stuck.That is probably why it only ticks a few minutes before it stops?  Hope i can remove it? And would like to find a oil chart for it? Found this 

file:///C:/Users/admin/Downloads/3925_ETA%20954.101,954.111_smaller.pdf 

But need to find the manual for 954.111 or 954.101 

Edited by rogart63

Do you think it's okay to oil the jewels and keyless work? Have search but can't find anything . This ETA movement was in Omega,Tissot.Eterna,Certina and many other watches . Would be great with a picture of the date ring side. I am not 100% sure how the bits should be put together?

Hi rogart,

did you try cousinsUK. They have a lot of movement service data for download. I'm at work, otherwise I would look it up.

Cheers,

Bob

I did. But only found a parts list and a electronic tester. I have put it together again. Oiled it like i do with a manual movement. Wth 9010 and 8300 for the keyless work. And it's working :) Will put the result up when i have some new crystals for the cases. 

Excellent...I would have recommended the moebius quartz oil but I guess if it is working...

ol241.jpg

Moebius Synthetic Quartz Watch Oil

Cheers,

Bob

For the most part all of the eta quartz watches should be similar for lubrication. So you could have used a 955 manual for lubrication guide. So their recommendation for the gear train is Moebius 9014 or Moebius 9034. Moebius 9014 oil is a mixture of 70% Moebius 9010 and 30% Moebius 9030 which causes it to have a lower viscosity than standard 9010.  So basically Viscosity of 9010 is either 120 or 150 depending upon your reference. In Moebius own publications they actually have different numbers. Then the 9014 is 98  and 9034 is 58. Basically they're looking for a low viscosity  synthetic oil.  What's interesting is they're not recommending Moebius 9000 With the viscosity of 100  which is specifically recommended for quartz watches.

• Like 1

For the most part all of the eta quartz watches should be similar for lubrication. So you could have used a 955 manual for lubrication guide. So their recommendation for the gear train is Moebius 9014 or Moebius 9034. Moebius 9014 oil is a mixture of 70% Moebius 9010 and 30% Moebius 9030 which causes it to have a lower viscosity than standard 9010.  So basically Viscosity of 9010 is either 120 or 150 depending upon your reference. In Moebius own publications they actually have different numbers. Then the 9014 is 98  and 9034 is 58. Basically they're looking for a low viscosity  synthetic oil.  What's interesting is they're not recommending Moebius 9000 With the viscosity of 100  which is specifically recommended for quartz watches.

Perfect . I will order that the next time i take something home from Cousinsuk . I am about to fix a 955 movement that is not working okay. It get stuck when the date comes to 25 and stops . When i wind it past 25 it works again until next month. Its my own watch.

Edited by rogart63