Seiko Automatic - Parts Ordering

I have this Seiko Automatic. I don’t have any information about service history and purchase date. Works fine and keep accurate time. There are couple of issues, crystal has little crack at 12 and all three hands are not in perfect shape, looks crushed.

I took this to my known watch maker here in Bangalore, India.  He quoted unrealistic figure 1700 INR and may be little more after work done depends on how he got replacement parts.

I have agreed with him that getting replacement parts is on me, and he will do only fix.

I planning to order it in cousinsuk , it will be delivered to my colleagues residence currently lives in Northampton ,he will bring down here in couple of weeks’ time.

I need to help to figure out the exact items in cousinsuk.com.

Please suggest me the parts number

post-911-0-33169800-1448595105_thumb.jpg

post-911-0-27083600-1448595621_thumb.jpg

Edited by Sendilkumar
  • Like 1

Hi sendikumar,

I believe you only need the hands and the crystal if everything else is working fine. Since you don't know much about this watch history (i.e. last service if ever, etc) I would be a good idea to do the complete servicing of the movement. With that said, it is an old watch probably much cheaper than what a full service by a professional will charge you for the job. Then, buying the parts (hands and crystal which I would buy aftermarket, allow me you choose price vs. quality) and the job of replacing them.

If I'm not mistaken, .90/1.50/.20 would do for a full set of hands. The crystal is more complicated since you have to check if it is domed (or not: type), diameter and fit (usually pressed with a ring but it could be glued, etc) The picture, as seeing it in my computer, is not telling me much details.

Have a great day,

cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

Actually, for the crystal, I came up with this part number: S15486 in cousins. Boley lists it as: 300T20AN and the other option with a gold "ring" is 300T20ANG. As for the hands these are kind of similar: H41371 and H41379 from cousins (individually hour and minute) and this for seconds: H41262.

Not guaranteed but probably it!

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

Seiko crystal is 300T20ANS0 which is domed with a steel tension ring. 

Doubt you will find original but Cousins have Sternkreus XAC301.598 as replacement (Cosuins Ref S15486).  I have used these crystals before in Seiko watches and they seem to fit fine.

The hand hole diams are 1.5mm (H), 0.9mm (M) and 0.2m. 

Again doubt you will find Seiko replacements but close matches are available, you will also need lengths.  Maybe easier for the watchrepairer to source these locally.

• Like 2

Yes he is. But not sure , he may ask some more after service. It happened. Once I paid 5500 for a vintage piece only for service. He some how knows I am interested in vintage watches , tries to trap me. I just needs parts, I myself can fix if he is not ready. I am hobby watch maker :) Except fault finding. I just want to give a try. But if parts are expensive from Europe, I still have to go behind him.

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

Hi Sendikumar,

The parts I showed from cousinsUK catalog are the ones for your watch and their price shows: 4.75 (crystal) + 1.25 (seconds hand) + (2 x 1.95) (hour and minute hands) = 9.90 in pounds of course. Then there is the shipping costs and whatever else is the usual surcharge. Other than that, I'm sure that you can deal with the cleaning and oiling of that watch since it is running OK.

Check out the Seiko 7S26, 7S36 and NH36 walkthroughs and the proper lubrication and lubricant equivalents in this site so you don't have to buy extra stuff.

Cheers,

Bob

• Like 1

i have that exact same watch. mine has a bent dial - it seems someone thought that the dial had to be pryed off, not realizing that there are dial screws. otherwise it is in perfect shape.

as for hands, i would just buy another parts watch that has hands that you like. that is what i commonly do. all of the seiko hands are interchangeable - well, except for the quartz watches. they won't interchange with the autos.

once you know what crystal it is, you can buy it yourself and have a go at replacing it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...