Hand Press Tool

jnash

Looking to get a better hand press tool , something like the horotec ones but not with the same price range. 

It would be better with three plungers so i dont have to keep on changing the punch types. 

What do you guys use?

Thanks

Jonathan

post-1248-14479280652998.jpg

I have two sets, single plunger is Horotec and the three plungers is from China. You are right about getting the three plungers set. It's so much easier. I bought mine from eBay for about 16 USD and using it more frequently than the single plunger.

The only setback with the three plungers set is that the space at the side plungers could not accommodate dials more 42mm diameter. Of course, the center plunger could take in bigger sizes.

One more thing about these China sets is the plastic dies can be quite tight fitting and needs to be filed down a little so that changing the dies can be done easier.

I too bought from China . Didn't like the sloppy shaft and the non straight dies . So i redone mine with a stainless steel rod . And a bushing so i slides perfect . Bought some new dies from Cousinsuk . Even the hole for the shaft was out of line. Lot of work that i would not do again. If i would buy one today i probably would look for a better quality press . 

• Like 2