I Pick Up My New Lover This Morning...

She is gorgeous! I've waited a year for her. She was ready yesterday afternoon but I had a gig in the evening so couldn't spare the time.

Anyway, I'm off about 11am to go and get her, run my hands all over her and bring her safely home. And here she is, in the shop:

Chisholm%20Verithin.jpg

LOL! The pickup you see across the sound hole is a DeArmond pickup from the mid-1960s, which I bought at the time and used for years on an old Epiphone Texan. I found it in a drawer last year and thought: "I'll have a guitar built around the pickup" - which is what I did! These old pickups go for around £150 and are fairly rare over here now - still a few in the US.

The guitar has maple back and sides and a cedar front. The fingerboard is "2nd grade" ebony - which means that it has yellow swirls running through the grain. Not liked by furniture maker, but great fun for luthiers. The body depth is only 70mm, including the bridge, so it's a real hollow-bodied electric guitar - but with a flat fretboard and acoustic body ship, so I can either fingerpick it or use a plectrum.

Edited by WillFly

Mine is Nashville IV, I bought it second hand when I retired in September for £125 delivered from Fleabay. It was second hand but like new and sounds a lot more expensive than it looks.......or is!

I'm a lot better at working on watches than playing the guitar but I still enjoy playing it.