Tag Heuer Smart Watches

Like most things, today watches are disposable fashion accessories for the most part. How many people will be wearing the current model of apple watch in 5 years time? With technology there is always that push to upgrade for more features etc.

I hate it and all "smart watches", I consider them gadgets not watches. Tag Heuer are going even further away from their roots releasing this. 46mm and a 25 hour battery life? I don't know why anyone would want that. I can understand having a watch to record your fitness activities or with GPS to aid navigation but only while you're participating in the activity not to wear everyday. The only good thing thing about this I can see is the offer to trade it in after 2 years for $1500 to buy a mechanical watch, which may introduce new people to real watches.

Hi guys,

I believe somewhere down the road people will have to define what a watch ("jewelry like") is and what a wrist gadget ("watch like") trinket is! :) ....but to each his/her own I believe. I personally like watches...the farthest I've gone is to wear a casio data bank in my wrist when it was useful to store phone numbers...before cellular phones became main stream. Now I can draw the line: watch on the wrist, cell in the pocket! :)

Cheers,

Bob

Smart watches have caught on with many people and none of the quality watch manufacturers are currently big in that market, so Tag are pretty much just trying to take a slice of that market. Who can blame them? If I wanted a smart watch, I'd rather have one from a quality watch manufacturer than one from a cellphone or gadget manufacturer. This market will get bigger. I'm sure people at one time said the same about quartz watches and digital watches.