Stem Problems With Sellita Sw 200

mwilkes

I have a couple of Sellita SW200 movements, which are equivalients of ETA 2824-2, and they're driving me crazy.

The stem is held in with detent that you push with a pointy stick. However, i find that every second time i try to replace the stem, something goes out of kilter and I end up having to disassemble the keyless work. I think the yoke is too easily lifted out of the sliding pinion.

Am I doing something wrong? Does the keyless work need to be set to a certain position before removing/replacing the stem? Or am i just pressing too hard on the release stud thingy?

Thanks

~Mark

Don't use a pointy thing, use a 1.20mm flat watchmakers screwdriver, this ensures you don't push the button too far down, and screw things up.

Do you know the history of the watch?  I have experienced similar on some movements, and turned out that a previous owner, or watch repair guy replaced the Swiss parts for Asian and they didn't mate right, thus coming out of position.

How old is the movement?  Again, I have had similar issues you are experiencing, where in some cases, the harbour that the sliding pinion rests with the stop lever (Hack lever) this harbour was worn due to incorrect/over lubrication, and the whole area was scorned/scratched/worn.

Edited by SSTEEL
  • Like 1

You need to pull the stem to time setting position before pressing on the detent stud with a screwdriver to remove the stem. The keyless work still in the time setting position when replacing the stem, the stem should goes in smoothly while pressing on the detent stud.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk