Horologists

Hi guys,

I have always been interested in watches and have recently been more interested in horology. Pretty much my question is do I need to be certified to get into the business? Sorry if thats a dumb question I would just like to chat with people to see how they got into the business and what not. Im 25 and already went to college and working, but its not really my passion. Hope to hear from people soon, thanks.

You do not have to be certified to get into any the business. It is not a dumb question but be aware that horology has very many elements such as repair, selling, trading & collecting.

​Competent watch & clock repairing requires many years of training & experience. Trading & selling also requires years of experience & knowledge to be successful.

Yea I understand that and I appreciate you responding to my post. Ive just always been interested in mechanical devices but really have no knowledge of watch/clock repair. Any suggestions what I should do in term of getting involved...meaning like I don't want to go to school I went to college already and work. Is there online courses and classes I can take so i can learn?