Seiko 5 How Many Jewels ?

After reading the posts on this forum I was thinking about adding a seiko 5 to my small collection, there are a lot of styles to choose from & I've noticed that some are marked on the dial 'automatic 21 jewels' and others are just marked 'automatic',  I was wondering are the movements all the same or are the ones just marked 'automatic' 17 jewel models ?.     :unsure:

atimegoneby hello... on most automatic Seikos, you have some with 21 jewels and others with just " Automatic " written on the dial. but if you remove the back cover, you'll " 17 or 21 jewels on the movement. I have 2 automatic Seikos. One has 17 jewels as you see as an avatar, and the others is here too in a post somewhere on the forum and has 21 jewels. I love them both ... so, don't be afraid about that and you can purchase one or more for your collection.. :) have a great day

I've now got 3 Seiko 5 watches! One works fine and keeps good time - it's quite modern with a display case back (21 jewels) - and the other 2 are going to help each other out, one way or another... And there's a 4th one on the way so, as you can see, I'm bingeing on them at the moment. There are also 2 others - all cheapies - on my  eBay watch list...

Wil, why you call " All cheapies "... I can't call this brand, even a Seiko 5, cheap...my 2 Automatics are super good and keep an excellent time..in a week, one of my Seikos lost about 2 or 3 minutes maximum...yes I bring my Seikos to a watchmaker ( jewelers in our country ) every 3 years.

However, compared to a Rolex or something like tath, yes its cheap.

Edited by SeikoWatch

No - you misunderstand. I didn't mean cheapies by comparison with other watches - just that I got them for a really good price on eBay, and the ones I'm looking at are also very cheap! :devil:

Edited by WillFly