Breitling Calibre 12 Winding Up Wheel

CKelly

Hi all,

I recently serviced a Heuer chronomatic with the micro-rotor movement and enjoyed it so much that I decided I wanted one myself. I finally found one at a reasonable price that I felt I could get going fairly easily. What I found is a Breitling Chronomatic caliber 12. It had lots of issues with adjustments that had been moved in the chrono module that I was able to straighten out. The only part I needed was a winding up wheel, part 1481 if I remember right. Anyway I started doing research to find a donor movement out of some of the Hamilton or other micro-rotor movements but could never really be sure of the right one. I think Ranfft says the Buren 1280 is the base movement for the caliber 11 and 12's but I have a Hamilton 628 which is supposed to have a winding wheel which interchanges with a 1281 but it definitely does not fit the Breitling chronomatic. The wheel is the proper fit however the shaft is to short. I have found a wheel now however and have it ordered. I have gotten very curious as to what a donor movement might be. If there is anyone out there who can ease my mind I would appreciate it.

The watch is currently disassembled waiting on the needed part. Actually I have cleaned it and put most of it back together up to the point of where I have to have the wheel. Once it's up and running I'll post a picture or two.

Thanks,

Charles K  

Good morning Charles. I wish I could help you with, but unfortunately it's not a movemnt I have worked on. I have a Hamilton and a Buren, but haven't worked on either so far.

I know Mark and Marc have worked on these movements, hopefully they might be able to comment on your dilemma.