Leaving the forum for a while.

4 hours ago, Waggy said:

All the best, family always comes first, and I believe you have made the right call that you mother deserves your full attention. However, when you need a little outside distraction the guys here will always be available for some banter or a heated discussion on lubrication 🤣.

Thanks waggy, group WhatsApp chat # # Nanna # was launched yesterday evening, 22 members already.   Ps. By the way those oils that you're using 🤔 I'm not so sure you have it quite right yet 🙂

• Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

Finally figured out why my hands are so god damn steady. My mum 87 years old , 4 weeks after her stroke and has a macular hole in both eyes, she wiped the floor with me and my lad at a kids stacking chairs toy game. Here she in rehab placing the last chair into position, bloody ' Supergreatgreatgran'  i hope I'm half as fit at her age 🙂

20240430_184153.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

So great to see and hear- your mum looks great!

…my mil had a stroke last summer in the golf course parking lot. I’m flying out tomorrow to visit and play golf. she’s ornery because she can’t get off the tee but I hear she makes up for it on the greens since she’s been putting since a week after her stroke 🧐

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JonC said:

Very best wishes to you and your family, as a carer myself I know how difficult things can be.

Thanks Jon, my mum is getting there day by day, so strong and determined, they dont make em like this anymore 🙂

3 hours ago, rehajm said:

So great to see and hear- your mum looks great!

…my mil had a stroke last summer in the golf course parking lot. I’m flying out tomorrow to visit and play golf. she’s ornery because she can’t get off the tee but I hear she makes up for it on the greens since she’s been putting since a week after her stroke 🧐

Old folk are so amazing,  my mum used to love her golf, she didn't stop playing until she was 70 . Enjoy your trip and your golf.

Hope you mum keeps on mending.

I was adamant that I was going to get myself going after my stroke. I was only 52. I still have a lot of life left to live.

Some people give up.

Some people don't let it beat them.

Your mum sounds like one of the winners. 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Michael1962 said:

Hope you mum keeps on mending.

I was adamant that I was going to get myself going after my stroke. I was only 52. I still have a lot of life left to live.

Some people give up.

Some people don't let it beat them.

Your mum sounds like one of the winners. 👍

Thanks Michael, shes a real soldier, it would take a tank to knock her off her feet.  Shes surprised even me and i knew she was a tough cookie.  Good for you Michael, you keep at it. I've been reading your posts re. your watchroom they're inspiring and it doesn't matter how long it takes you to get there its about the journey. Rome wasn't built in a day, our watchcaves are our solitudes, our own little empires where we can shut ourselves away from the crap that goes on around us in the world. I look forward to seeing you progress, I have my own ideas how i like to do things. But in answer to your questions on that thread, just let your workspace evolve around you and how you work. You wont figure it out straight away but you will know when to change it and when to leave it alone. But most of all just enjoy it.

• Like 2