I spent some of my spare time, this last weeks, to set up a logbook system that fits me, helps me to follow my progress and my stocks and more.

I also started a "Tableau de casse", a word game in french like hall of fame/shame, literally a table of broken 😁

One diafix on a Seiko Lord Matic :

diafix_2220.jpg.779217ead74605179c9ba7dc734154c4.jpg

I spent time with this diafix to remove the jewel, and when  it was time to put it back, the diafix was blocked. I tried to move it forward without success. Backwards, sideways, then I forced it a little (too much)...

I found some spare in china.

Extracting a scratched glass on a Seiko Lord Matic Deluxe (buying the right dies will help):

glass_5626.thumb.jpg.556d23df6a21e245ec6d4839daf4d1b9.jpg

First sprint put back in its barrel (almost, except one part...):

spring_2220.thumb.jpg.e6ef0bf372426dd4d4020658de2695ed.jpg

From this broken one. The first time it's difficult to hold the winder and push the end through lunge... I hope I'll do better the next time!

And you, how do you manage your evolution ?

Edited by nico
  • Like 2

I haven't been keeping a written log or hall of shame, but I can tell you that my early attempts to unwind mainsprings have resulted in two barrel arbors entering the ionosphere. Still MIA. I've launched but subsequently found incabloc and trior springs, a few yoke springs, and a third barrel arbor, but those first two remain elusive. (and one was from a ST36... not a small piece of metal, really)

• Like 2

I'll don't take in account the 3 or 4 little springs that flew away and the same amount of hours I spent to find them 😁

Now I work under a bag in which I cut a slit when I have bad feelings with springs and I work like a surgeon 👨‍⚕️.

As I'm not sure the translation is correct, so to illustrate my current approach I took this picture. Of course I use a little transparent bag

bagwork.jpg

Edited by nico
  • Like 1