"Nissen" Automatic Watch?!

Hi All,

I've come into this, very nice it must be said, Nissen automatic watch. I have never heard of the brand nor can I find anything about it online. As in, absolutely nothing!

Is anyone any the wiser?! 

Thanks in advance 

Matt

20240128_214742.thumb.jpg.b11783d6afcccabe823c6fe7fc692139.jpg20240128_214717.thumb.jpg.65f8deab4d3ed65b4355d8db7329c48a.jpg

20240128_214852.jpg

Screenshot_20240128_215032_Photos.jpg

Edited by MattWatch
Spelling

2 hours ago, CYCLOPS said:

It could be a watch from Nissen Holdings Co. which operates mail order companies, it tells what movement it is under the balance, I see it but can not read it all....looks to be an ETA make

Looks like an ETA 2789-1 movement. Don't confuse it with the ETA 2899 which has a different Day/Date calendar configuration.  Plenty of Youtube videos available. Take your time. Watch the videos. Done 5 now. 

Have attached the ETA 2789 tech sheet. Could not find a ETA 2789-1

887155241_ETA27792789 WOS SeaFarer.pdf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kYIdKtSHr2g&t=288s

Edited by rossjackson01
More information

1 minute ago, RichardHarris123 said:

I think you are correct @rossjackson01, there are markings under the balance but I can't quite make them out. 

I only know because I am used to the model. 

I have 2 (two) 2789 and 3 (three) 2789 movements. This was the first watch that I ever disassembled. Knackered beyond belief actually. Broke pivots on wheels, Escape wheels. Pinged balances, yes, more than one. Pinged nearly every part in the first few month.  

Goodness, I was poor then

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, rossjackson01 said:

Pinged nearly every part in the first few month.  

What's up with you, I  did a perfect job on my first watch, no pings, breakages etc. Hehe. 

No need for the sad face, I  was joking.  I've pinged and broken more than my fair share, to start with.  Like most of us. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Pinged nearly every part in the first few month.  

What's up with you, I  did a perfect job on my first watch, no pings, breakages etc. Hehe. 

Because I was so bad with co-ordination is one of the reasons that I persevered. Don't like to admit defeat without giving something a good try. Already envious of your skill

Anyway, lets not change the direction of the post.

I want to see how Mattwatch gets on. Would be nice to give assistance, to give something back to match the advice and help I received.

Edited by rossjackson01
  • Like 1