Sorry I've been away a while.

Hi all, I've had family issues which have settled slightly enabling me to get back to this.

As per excellent instructions offered by people here, I've purchased some working movements (mostly 2824 chinese clones) but first I got to grips with my Weishi timegrapher.

I aqcuired recently a Seiko 6105 copy (as worn by Captain Willard in Apocalypse Now) and it uses a NH35A movement. As it was recently purchased, I didn't feel the need to service it, but do some regulation

It started out as 2.5 beat error and was presently surprised when I accidentally got the results shown in photo. This watch is sold by Steeldive and I don't try to pass it off as original in any shape or form, just enjoy wearing it.

It's unusually comfortable to wear, I think because the case is chamfered to a rounded form on the edges. I really didn't expect to get the BE down to 0.1.

Maybe it'll stray, but not bad for a start!

20240128_142316.jpg

20240128_120936.jpg

My son is about to go to California on a post-doc appointment in UC Davis near Sacramento and I'd been promising him to regulate his watch pictured with its 7S36 movement.

Whilst I didn't get the results on my Steeldive, I did manage to get the BE down to about 0.4 which will be good enough for him.

This was his first mechanical watch, so hoping he moves on in the same vein if he ever comes back to UK.

20240128_144401.jpg

• Like 4