I've Just Bought This Clock Part 2

oldhippy

So after all the fuss with the other clock and having to send it back because it didn't work. The seller refused to give me a full refund so I put it in the hands of Ebay and in the end my full refund was received.

So have now bought his little number its French 8day movement striking half hour and hours on a bell by means of a count wheel. Ther is a little damage but looking at it face on you cant see anything. I really like the colour of this and it will fit in my sitting room lovely. I hope I have better luck then the last time.

post-1154-0-83203600-1442232625_thumb.jp

• Like 1

My clock turned up yesterday and your be glad to know it is working well and keeping excellent time. Just a couple of things I've noticed, the bell nut is not correct it has been replaced with a rating nut from a pendulum, but it does the job, the pendulum isn't the original. The original would have the same number stamp on it as the movement on the back plate, there are two numbers with most French clock movements one the movement number, the other the length of the pendulum which is measured in a ligne It's an old French measurement before metric was brought in.

Here's a picture of it in my sitting room.

post-1154-0-11423500-1442491573_thumb.jp

• Like 1