Hello, I am currently fitting up my beginner's watchmaking workplace and I have been given a bundle of old tools. Among them, there was this one. The jaws have a notch, as (hopefully) visible on the second picture. Can someone please tell me what it is called and what is it for?

2024-01-20 19.17.37.jpg

2024-01-20 19.18.57.jpg

You could use them to remove the cannon pinon. I always recommend use the right tool for the job, there are many tools for the removal of cannon pinons.

nevenbekriev, what has your video got to do with the original question? Please do not hijack a thread just to post something. You can start a new thread. I might remove it. 

• Like 2

On 1/21/2024 at 10:06 AM, oldhippy said:

nevenbekriev, what has your video got to do with the original question? Please do not hijack a thread just to post something. You can start a new thread. I might remove it. 

Sorry, I didn't see this untill now.

Well, I use this tool for removing the roller. If You look at the video, in the beginning, the roller is removed for 2 seconds, by the same tool...

The other thing I use the tool is for removing the wheels that stay on the 3th wheel pivot and drive the seconds center pinion, and in chronographs on the 4th wheel pivot and drive the chrono

Oops, now that i checked, I have put wrong video, my mistake...

The correct one is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzdtN7F_YVc

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nevenbekriev said:

Sorry, I didn't see this untill now.

Well, I use this tool for removing the roller. If You look at the video, in the beginning, the roller is removed for 2 seconds, by the same tool...

The other thing I use the tool is for removing the wheels that stay on the 3th wheel pivot and drive the seconds center pinion, and in chronographs on the 4th wheel pivot and drive the chrono

Oops, now that i checked, I have put wrong video, my mistake...

The correct one is here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzdtN7F_YVc

We all make mistakes. Nice to see you have sorted it out. 

• Like 2