Great new tool - sanding stick.

OK, I shouldn't get excited over just a roll of wet and dry on a bit of plastic, but this has changed sanding cases and small parts for me. I used to glue bits of wet and dry to lolly sticks, but they didn't last long, and it was hard to get in to tight corners. I saw Kalle using one of these sanding sticks on Chronoglide, and decided I needed one. 

I'm preparing a brass case for replating and find that the 600 grit is ideal. You can use them wet or dry, and when a bit is worn, you just roll the paper round a touch. 

Although Excel make them, if you search for "sanding stick", they all look the same.

They are sprung loaded for fitting the paper, which  is 1/4" wide.

image.png.463a7e0e816bf23bb488fddb5ba4ff1b.png         image.png.b4b0160484243fdbd8d7266d5535f61d.png

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across this 3D printable version of the sanding stick (link here), its 1" so not exactly the same. I plan to print it and see if I can scale down to be more useful to us. Will keep you updated.

image.thumb.png.1e5cdcf5ab71334b8ad333a88ec24724.png

Just found these on same site link Here, 6mm wide, probably a better match

image.thumb.png.a47095a7f6ec2f87b39580b1d8a357b2.png

image.thumb.png.2038d1c0bda6fa249e6dc019be7e2db4.png

Edited by Waggy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1