Hello all. 

My other half's farther died 20 odd years ago, I never met him but he tinkered with watches, total coincidence.  Her mother has just found a five bar, pin set ladies pocket watch, which he must of been working on.  It is missing the minute hand, stem / crown and balance, including the cock.  She would like to see it run again and doesn't know or care about movements.  Since she only wants it to run, I'm considering either a quartz or Chinese hand wound movement.  I  will obviously have to extend the stem and some how fit a crown of the correct size and tap size.  I will also have to find a way of fitting the movement to the case.  

What are your thoughts?  The other option is to buy a suitable movement but as said she wouldn't know the difference or care. 

• Like 1

Hi Richard. Nice little watch although bits are hard to find, I have seen  five bars on eBay over time. Measure up the case you may strike lucky. There are others of a similar ilk  (small fob) which would probably fit.   If you go the quartz path. Cousins do an assortment of movement holders for quartz movements  which will fit maybe with a little modification.

• Like 2