I have been keeping my eyes open for a decent looking jacot for a long time but was reluctant to spend what good Steiner go for. This arrived today, German I believe, the makers mark on the box is GJL so a bit of research is in order.

The box ends need a liberal application of PVA but apart from that it is all in very good condition, really pleased.

Tom

IMG_0206.jpeg

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0208.jpeg

IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0211.jpeg

• Like 4

1 hour ago, tomh207 said:

I have been keeping my eyes open for a decent looking jacot for a long time but was reluctant to spend what good Steiner go for. This arrived today, German I believe, the makers mark on the box is GJL so a bit of research is in order.

The box ends need a liberal application of PVA but apart from that it is all in very good condition, really pleased.

Tom

IMG_0206.jpeg

IMG_0207.jpeg

IMG_0208.jpeg

IMG_0209.jpeg

IMG_0211.jpeg

Nice looking tool my friend . Welcome to the jacot club, or the club of jacoters. Its not a massive club but its a club, and you are now one of that club. I will send you a badge that reads ' i have a jacot and i know how to use it '. Wear it with pride, if you get into a fight with someone , flash your badge and use the loud verbal warning " I have a Jacot ", then watch them slowly back away turn and run. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Its not a massive club but its a club,

What you mean by it's not massive if you read some of the discussions on this group it sounds to me like this would be the first tool you would purchase before your tweezers everybody should have at least a dozen of these what you mean by it's not a massive club?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

What you mean by it's not massive if you read some of the discussions on this group it sounds to me like this would be the first tool you would purchase before your tweezers everybody should have at least a dozen of these what you mean by it's not a massive club?

Hmm well i do have two of them so only another 10 to collect. But you did notice Mike mentioned we are not to talk about Jacot club, shhhh people.