Case ring Elgin 642 A11 wrist watch

Hey guys.  I'm trying to figure out where this second ring (the one with the blue arrow) goes.  When i opened the bezel it was laying on top of the dial and didn't seem to have a purpose.  The other ring with the black arrow is lightly fastened to the lip of the underside of the bezel.  it also doesn't seem to have a purpose.  Any ideas where that second ring goes?  Thank you.  Arron.

a11 bezel 2 mark up.jpg

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Thanks Geotex, From what I can see the keyless works on mine is completely different to those in the photo, I had a bit of a Google and it looks like it's called a rocking bar?? I can't seem to find a single match online though. As far as the setting lever screw goes, you've just explained what I'm doing wrong and why it was probably left out in the first place. It needs to go in before the bridge 🙃. That's why the hole isn't big enough because it's designed to be smaller to stop the screw falling out until the bridge is removed. Thank you for that! I'll remove the bridge tonight and get it refit.
    • The term "digital transistor" is not a term of art--at least in the modern world.  A lifetime ago, there was such a thing as DTL (Diode Transistor Logic).  Resistors were involved, but I am not aware that they were ever integrated into the transistor package.
    • Update: I posted over on NAWCC and it looks like I melted the fine coil wires where they come into the solder lugs. After dropping the heat way down on my iron and being absurdly careful, I have a humming fork!
    • Hell0 @nevenbekriev. Thank you for your advice. I have removed the old setting using my staking set--I will keep the KIF spring, since it is still good.  I am awaiting the replacement setting, and will update when I do that. In the mean time, I looked at the escape wheel and it looks ok. What do you think?    
    • Aloha All, I recently bought this Seitz tool on eBay, but it is missing some pushers reamers.  I ended up ordering new parts for those that were missing before I received the actual Seitz tool (bad idea).   Upon inspecting the pushers/bits, I noticed 23 of the 56 provided with the set had no numbers. Further inspection revealed a huge difference in the quality of those unnumbered.  Do all Seitz pushers/bits have a number on them?  I'm pretty sure that 33 of the 56 I received are cheap Chinese knockoffs.  The worst part is that I ordered $80 of parts to replace the missing pushers/bits, and now I'm looking to return the tool. I'm not crazy, right? If these are Seitz parts, they should all be numbered, correct? The first two pictures are the Seitz (numbered), and the other pictures are the suspect parts.  Will I even be able to get a refund?  Thanks, Frank