Hello all,

I'm hoping someone with some knowledge on Seiko movements can help!

I'm a complete beginner but I've thrown myself in at the deep end and I'm trying to service/repair my wife's uncle's old watch a Seiko 5 6119-7080. I've went and lost the screw in the photo (it joined the space program), its from the plate (don't know the name) that goes underneath the auto plate on a 6119B. 

Where can I find parts like this apart from buying an entire movement or watch? I've tried Cousins, eBay and google searches but to no avail.

Thanks,

Franco

IMG_1917.JPG

There is nothing special about that screw, they are common amongst a lot of Seiko movements. Try these guys for any Seiko movement 6309 or 7009 etc. You should be able to pick one up cheaply.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/speedtimerkollektion

The other option is to buy a bag of random screws and you should find one that is close enough, CousinsUK sell them by the hundreds for just a few pounds:

Screenshot_20230803-155706.thumb.png.3e2103155c2142428dc0c4f1e6d938a4.png

Best of luck!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, JohnR725 said:

I've attached the parts list for 6119 and the base caliber that goes with it that might help you to figure out which screw you need

Seiko 6119B.pdf 136.45 kB · 0 downloads Seiko 6106A.pdf 642.32 kB · 1 download

That's very helpful for the lubrication as well, thank you.

4 hours ago, wudce said:

That part is the Holder for the transmission wheel & pawl lever and it's Seiko part number is 022252. I did a check and could only find it here. https://gleave.london/screw-seiko-022252/

Thank you so much

4 hours ago, Waggy said:

There is nothing special about that screw, they are common amongst a lot of Seiko movements. Try these guys for any Seiko movement 6309 or 7009 etc. You should be able to pick one up cheaply.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/str/speedtimerkollektion

The other option is to buy a bag of random screws and you should find one that is close enough, CousinsUK sell them by the hundreds for just a few pounds:

Screenshot_20230803-155706.thumb.png.3e2103155c2142428dc0c4f1e6d938a4.png

Best of luck!

Looks like I'm going to need a lot of spare screws etc. that's a great idea. Do you know if the Swiss screws are compatible with Japanese movements as well?

13 minutes ago, Zucco said:

Do you know if the Swiss screws are compatible with Japanese movements as well?

conceivably might find one of but it would be better if you could find a Seiko screw assortment if such a thing existed. This is because of various watch companies do not have standards for the screw thread size at least for a lot of horological history

17 minutes ago, Zucco said:

lubrication

image.thumb.png.cc0db6ff1d03a5abedbaf1b65b9d6e66.png

image.thumb.png.123c14f8ee8657c19d4dd792b01d37d1.png

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Waggy said:

I assume so, but to be honest I get the Indian ones and they work fine.

That's exactly as I've done, just bought some at Cousins 👍

24 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

conceivably might find one of but it would be better if you could find a Seiko screw assortment if such a thing existed. This is because of various watch companies do not have standards for the screw thread size at least for a lot of horological history

image.thumb.png.cc0db6ff1d03a5abedbaf1b65b9d6e66.png

image.thumb.png.123c14f8ee8657c19d4dd792b01d37d1.png

Amazing, thank you!

Thank you so much for you invaluable help, you are all gentlemen of the highest order.

Best regards,

Franco