Its an automatic Zodiac, what caliber?

9 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

Automatic Zodiac for repair, missing parts and I can't figure out its caliber. Its an AS.

Hope somebody knows.

https://esam.ir/item/25914244/زودیاک-عقربه-مخفی-نیاز-به-تعمیر-

Thank in advance.

Thats one freaky looking watch Joe, some work to do there if you buy it. 

• Thanks 1

I wonder if its a 36000 beater Zodiac, have a few and some NOS parts to them. I don't recall the inners of them to identify this.

Thirty six thousand beaters  fetch 500 to 800 USD. Check ebay.

I am used to doing a complete overhaul, like to check every part before it goes into the watch. Do it right do it once.

Thanks for your responses Gentelman.

Best I can do is offer the Caliber 72 and 76 that I found on Ebay:

Caliber 72b

Caliber 76

From what I can see, the screws match up seemingly perfectly, though it probably is one of the endless variations in the Zodiac 70 caliber series. They aren't Hi-Beats either, or at least the dials and rotors aren't advertising them to be. Hope this helps!

• Thanks 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Hi All, Just wanted to say thanks to everyone who has contributed a reply to my original question. I’ve learnt a lot and I’m much clearer about the options for replacing the mainspring in my project.   It’s been a very fruitful discussion. Cheers, John
    • Hello WRT members I started a project 4years ago printing straps for seiko model 5M42-0E69. This because the strap wasn’t produced anymore and i needed a strap for my father’s watch that come to my possession. I found someone who was willing to make a computer drawing and than he started printing and worked out well. To build up the metal caps you need to have some patience but it worked.  He fiets printed a prototype in red.  With some adjustments such as the heath off the printer he started to print them in the original color black.  Sorry these are original SLQ003 straps!!!
    • Hello a nd welcome ro the forum.      Enjoy.
    • I went with GBP as you guys started it off and $4.04 adjusted for inflation.
    • Great help for me - thank you all. If the hairspring has been shortened, it must have have even tighter coils than it does now and they all look utterly concentric but nevertheless I'm not leaning further towards that explanation. For me, vibrating a new hairspring would be far from easy - I wouldn't know where to start.And if a new contrate wheel has been cut and mounted, it's been done very skilfully, leaving no obvious telltale signs. Cutting and crossing out contrate wheels takes skill, too, so a bit of a last resort. and why would the he have cut 70 teeth if the existing one had 75. The platform certainly looks original to the clock but I cannot rule out the possibility that it has been taken from a similar period one (with a different tooth count). It was produced by Soldano (who supplied Dent) and the movement is by Hollingue Freres (who worked for Drocourt) so it's a nice small one (not a miniature) but I have to say that it does look like it has been worked on by someone with a hammer and centre punch instead of a bushing tool. The history isn't know - the current owner has never seen it working. I completely dismantled it again at the weekend to make the tooth count but when I've figured it out, I'll take some photos. But for now, I think I've reached the end of the line.