What lume is this? Was pretty careless removing it!

Hey there,

Been practising my repair skills and bought this 1973 Timex diver (M25 movement) to play with. The lume was pretty flaky on the hands so I scraped it off quite carelessly but now I'm a bit paranoid about it being radioactive. Hence wondering if someone could help me figure out what type of lume it is? It's definitely from 73 so radium should be out(?). And there's no "t" on the dial, so it might not be tritium, or it might not just have a t. 

First image is from my watch, the second is actually from this forum where another user was repairing it. My lume was a lot more yellow than his!

Any info much appreciated!
Thanks,

IMG_513F0F04F0F0-1.jpeg

1228631020_BoysTimexDiversWatch.JPG.3ea78ee964c8250ec4a77d238cbba167.jpg

2 hours ago, JMaddison said:

Hey there,

Been practising my repair skills and bought this 1973 Timex diver (M25 movement) to play with. The lume was pretty flaky on the hands so I scraped it off quite carelessly but now I'm a bit paranoid about it being radioactive. Hence wondering if someone could help me figure out what type of lume it is? It's definitely from 73 so radium should be out(?). And there's no "t" on the dial, so it might not be tritium, or it might not just have a t. 

First image is from my watch, the second is actually from this forum where another user was repairing it. My lume was a lot more yellow than his!

Any info much appreciated!
Thanks,

IMG_513F0F04F0F0-1.jpeg

1228631020_BoysTimexDiversWatch.JPG.3ea78ee964c8250ec4a77d238cbba167.jpg

A link here will give you some information.  Radium banned in 1968. Swiss watches were marked with T to denote Tritium. Maybe why this Timex isn't. 

https://www.bobswatches.com/rolex-blog/rolex-news/evolution-watch-lume.html

Edited by Neverenoughwatches