I recently started working on Welsbro watch which has an A. Schild 1002 movement.  It is a simple movement and it has been great for learning and perfecting some skills.  Is there a way 

to find out which watch manufacturers have used this movement?  I'd like to work on a few more before moving onto automatic movements.  

Welsbro (2).png

6 minutes ago, Mike78 said:

I recently started working on Welsbro watch which has an A. Schild 1002 movement.  It is a simple movement and it has been great for learning and perfecting some skills.  Is there a way 

to find out which watch manufacturers have used this movement?  I'd like to work on a few more before moving onto automatic movements.  

Welsbro (2).png

Eyup Mike just ebay search AS 1002. It was likely used by hundreds of watch brands and bought in by manufacturers as well.

2 hours ago, Mike78 said:

to find out which watch manufacturers have used this movement?

I don't think you're going to find an answer to that question. As you're aware looking at a watch in a case that sealed you don't know what's inside.

We have sites like the one below or you can look up cross references of parts and sword of may be. What I mean by that is the look of the parts for the watch to see what other watches cross reference but typically the watches of the same company which doesn't help with the wall sometimes you might find other companies that use the same movement which is one of the reasons cross reference sites like this exist but finding out that some other company may have used the movement still doesn't help you because you can't look at the watch on eBay for instance and know exactly what is inside unless somebody takes the back off.

on the other hand not knowing what's inside often times on this group people of found spectacularly nice watches inside those cases other times well not so much it's kind of a mystery

oh and thinking about mysteries did you notice those letters on the balance bridge? this doesn't really help you either but just in case you're curious those of the US import codes and the second link lists what they are. Often times the name on the dial or even the name on the movement may not actually be who imported the watch.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/

http://www.ranfft.de/uhr/info-uscode-e.html

11 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

but finding out that some other company may have used the movement still doesn't help you because you can't look at the watch on eBay for instance and know exactly what is inside unless somebody takes the back off.

If the seller has half a clue they often name the movement calibre in the description of the watch and often the listing itself. Just looking now for AS 1002 has thrown up Titus Accurist Trojan Rotary Liga Waltham and half a dozen others i haven't heard of. The calibre isn't exclusive to the brands but a starting point of where to look for more of that calibre. The brand may have kept to using just a few makers if they were happy with their contracts with them.

• Like 1

On 7/4/2023 at 4:33 PM, JohnR725 said:

oh and thinking about mysteries did you notice those letters on the balance bridge? this doesn't really help you either but just in case you're curious those of the US import codes and the second link lists what they are. Often times the name on the dial or even the name on the movement may not actually be who imported the watch.

http://cgi.julesborel.com/

http://www.ranfft.de/uhr/info-uscode-e.html

That's cool.  I had no idea the letters on the balance bridge meant something.  Looks like it was Welsbro watch company that imported it.  Thanks for info.