Hi

I'm looking for a very tiny shockspring to fit the cap jewel escape wheel on citizen 8110A.

I've searched to any source I know cousin, borel etc.. and also on ebay but nothing

May be someone have an idea to help me 

Thanks 

PXL_20230703_205117473~2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
38 minutes ago, Generaal said:

It's item 914-11 and I'm looking for it myself as well 🙂 If you find it, let me know. Can't find it either

Ok this is a long shot, i bought a load of watchspares from a seller on ebay, she had bought them from cousins. They are listed as useful for steam punk art. The seller took what she wanted from the boxes and sold the rest which i bought all of it. I bought them mostly for robbing the jewels but there is literally hundreds of thousands of usable items. Barrel completes, jewels springs shock settings hands screws plates bridges metal material for making parts keyless parts stems crowns and some very nice branded crowns etc etc. Most of it is from India, well probably all of it actually, but there certain brands in there that are dominant and not just cheap indian. Namely seiko, citizen and some Russian. The citizen some is genuine but a vast amount is a citizen clone i forget the name of but i did find it on ranfft. I was drawn to this post from the photo in particular the mainplate balance shock spring. There were hundreds of these from the balance cock, I'll post photos later when i get in . I'm also sure there is the one you are looking for if you can post a clearer picture. Here is the watch part boxes from Cousins, will be hit and miss what is in them and may vary as and when cousins aquire them but an interesting cheap buy for anyone to look at.

Screenshot_20230724-134653_Samsung Internet.jpg

Haha, yes, I looked about the same at cousins. I found this assortment of shocksprings. The one I'm looking for is on the picture but of course, is it in the package and will it be the same size as the one from Citizen? That's the question. Of course, for 2,5€, you can't do much wrong

Annotation 2023-07-24 150607.png

18 minutes ago, Generaal said:

Haha, yes, I looked about the same at cousins. I found this assortment of shocksprings. The one I'm looking for is on the picture but of course, is it in the package and will it be the same size as the one from Citizen? That's the question. Of course, for 2,5€, you can't do much wrong

Annotation 2023-07-24 150607.png

Just a thought as the balance shock looks identical, i dont think I've seen a spring like that loose though, loads of kif springs. Some full plates, I'll have to go through them and see what there is, give me tens mins I'm home now.

10 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

Just a thought as the balance shock looks identical, i dont think I've seen a spring like that loose though, loads of kif springs. Some full plates, I'll have to go through them and see what there is, give me tens mins I'm home now.

No mate i dont think so, if it was a balance shock yes but all the escape jewels are fixed.

20230724_143945.jpg

20230724_143940.jpg

13 minutes ago, Neverenoughwatches said:

No mate i dont think so, if it was a balance shock yes but all the escape jewels are fixed.

20230724_143945.jpg

20230724_143940.jpg

I still have a lot more to do, if i find one I'll let you know.

• 1 month later...

Thanks all for your help I've tried to find it with some shockspring lot from cousins uk but no luck with that all are the same almost kif or standard any way all of them are way to big to fit.

I've buy an entire bridge it cost me 37euro (ouch) and there was a spare one on it. I don't know if it worth but at least I get the satisfaction to not throw the watch. Sad story because I get the watch like this   

@Generaal could you give me the link from you bought yours I see the screenshot but don't know from where it come Thanks

Edited by richiesgr