Hello everyone,

I have a problem in casing a Bulova 11 ANACD movement. I attach some pictures of the parts. Since it was an eBay find, there's some possibility that something was really messed up.

When cased, the movement (with its ring), slips down toward the crystal. It's tilted in a way that makes difficult to operate the crown. Movement, movement ring, dial seems a perfect match but they fall down with no support from dial side...

I have:

1. the white movement ring (seems to be a perfect fit for the movement, maybe not for the case?)
  2. Acrylic glass, diam. 31.6 with an inner chromed ring. The ring is totally loose in respect to the glass, meaning that you can remove the ring by simply flipping the crystal and it slips out. It has outer diam. about 29,7 mm, inner about 28mm. I think it's not the original one!
  3. Case, diam. 38 mm, opening about 29,3mm. about 31,44mm for the crystal recess. Inner back says model 7313.
  4. Dial diam. 28,5mm

I've found an original crystal for case model 7313-4, maybe in the original Bulova the dial rest on the crystal ring? Is this the correct casing for that kind of Bulova's?

Can the problem be solved by using the correct crystal with tension ring? If so, which Sternkreuz model should I buy: standard ring, wide ring, recessed ring?

Thank you very much,

Regards.

IMG_20230625_163111_edit_1692521934339657.jpg

IMG_20230625_163353_edit_1692710493421399.jpg

IMG_20230625_163411_edit_1692695679263068.jpg

IMG_20230625_163614_edit_1692828302845861.jpg

IMG_20230625_163717.jpg

IMG_20230625_163755_edit_1692984055050524.jpg

IMG_20230625_163832_edit_1692969873990110.jpg

Is the black ring below the movement ring the dial rest? Is the gasket installed before screwing down the case back? Do you have a photo of the movement and movement ring in the case?

Edited by GuyMontag

1 hour ago, GuyMontag said:

Is the black ring below the movement ring the dial rest? Is the gasket installed before screwing down the case back? Do you have a photo of the movement and movement ring in the case?

Hello,

no idea of black ring usage, tried to fit it as dial rest but no way, I'll try again in the next days and send pictures of movement in the case.

Thanks!

It looks like the typical dial rest for Bulova's 11AN* movements. And Bulova's used a dial rest for flat dials like yours on the 11AN* movements, so one will be needed to have the movement sit correctly in the case. They do have an orientation so try flipping it over and fitting it that way.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GuyMontag said:

It looks like the typical dial rest for Bulova's 11AN* movements. And Bulova's used a dial rest for flat dials like yours on the 11AN* movements, so one will be needed to have the movement sit correctly in the case. They do have an orientation so try flipping it over and fitting it that way.

Thank you very much! 

The correct position should be between the dial and the crystal ring?

Thanks again! 

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content