Quilting and Stained Glass - 'Nice to have' gift ideas?

Hello all, seeing as I get great advice here on watches I was sure you would also have some great ideas for me for the following.

My wife is setting up to start a small home business selling both quilted things (pillow cases, quilts) and also make stained glass. This will be a modest hobby/business. I was wondering what I could get her as a gift for this endeavour, something that is not a necessity per-say, but something that would make life easier that she may not have in her list of essentials to get started. An equivalent for a watch maker would be a microscope, technically you dont need one, but if someone gave you one when you were starting out you would love them forever... this kind of thing? Hopefully this rambling makes sense???

Any and all suggestions welcome 🙂

I always have trouble buying things for my wife. She spends hours doing cross stitch and (for whatever reason) wears two pairs of glasses. I would think that a head-mounted magnifying visor would be something helpful (one with a mounted LED light) but she won't even try mine.

Is she actively doing either of these past times now?

There is a gizmo called a Cricut that can be used to cut intricate shapes that might find a place in a complex quilt?  

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, grsnovi said:

I always have trouble buying things for my wife. She spends hours doing cross stitch and (for whatever reason) wears two pairs of glasses. I would think that a head-mounted magnifying visor would be something helpful (one with a mounted LED light) but she won't even try mine.

Is she actively doing either of these past times now?

There is a gizmo called a Cricut that can be used to cut intricate shapes that might find a place in a complex quilt?  

Bad boy, you're thinking you could use it, aren't you?  Hehe. 

9 hours ago, Waggy said:

Hello all, seeing as I get great advice here on watches I was sure you would also have some great ideas for me for the following.

My wife is setting up to start a small home business selling both quilted things (pillow cases, quilts) and also make stained glass. This will be a modest hobby/business. I was wondering what I could get her as a gift for this endeavour, something that is not a necessity per-say, but something that would make life easier that she may not have in her list of essentials to get started. An equivalent for a watch maker would be a microscope, technically you dont need one, but if someone gave you one when you were starting out you would love them forever... this kind of thing? Hopefully this rambling makes sense???

Any and all suggestions welcome 🙂

A glass spindle shaper. 

19 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Bad boy, you're thinking you could use it, aren't you?  Hehe. 

Soldering gun for soldering the lead joints. When i began work as a joiner some 40 years ago, i spent years replacing windows, the top lights of pre war house windows were often stained lead lights as we called them. We had buyers for them that shipped them off to America who probably made 10x what we were paid. Bloody shame, if i knew then what i know now i would have kept them here were they were made.

• Like 2

I'm always wary of anything which refers to a "Joy" machine. The last time I bought one, it really wasn't what I was expecting. The wife still keeps it in her underwear drawer, I guess for sentimental reasons 😪

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, oldhippy said:

I’m divorced so I don’t have that problem.🤣

Just rub it in why dont you OH 😄

31 minutes ago, DrHWO said:

I'm always wary of anything which refers to a "Joy" machine. The last time I bought one, it really wasn't what I was expecting. The wife still keeps it in her underwear drawer, I guess for sentimental reasons 😪

Funny you should say that, my missus refers to me as her joy machine and theres absolutely no way that i can fit in her knicker drawer 😉

46 minutes ago, DrHWO said:

So you go rummaging around in her knicker drawer. 😳