What <1% Tool Can't I Live Without Next??

Waggy

Just as a bit of fun!

In this thread we will use the following new grading system for tools.... based upon the frequency you estimate you would need to use them:

for example:

• Screwdrivers you use on 100 out of 100 watches, so would be a 100% tool
  • Staking set 5 in 100 watches, so would be a 5% tool
  • Seitz jeweling tool 1 in 100 watches, so would be a 1% tool

So... what tool have you seen that is a <1% that you are dreaming of owning?

I'll start the ball rolling with mine: a Jacot Tool.... not quite sure what it does, or what you do with it... but I find myself looking at them on eBay and even have it saved as a fave search!

image.thumb.png.2102f4d3f1e944a5ff759a1c2d96c0e5.png

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Waggy said:

Just as a bit of fun!

In this thread we will use the following new grading system for tools.... based upon the frequency you estimate you would need to use them:

for example:

• Screwdrivers you use on 100 out of 100 watches, so would be a 100% tool
  • Staking set 5 in 100 watches, so would be a 5% tool
  • Seitz jeweling tool 1 in 100 watches, so would be a 1% tool

So... what tool have you seen that is a <1% that you are dreaming of owning?

I'll start the ball rolling with mine: a Jacot Tool.... not quite sure what it does, or what you do with it... but I find myself looking at them on eBay and even have it saved as a fave search!

image.thumb.png.2102f4d3f1e944a5ff759a1c2d96c0e5.png

I dreamt of owning one of these so i bought ✌.  I think both the staking and jewelling tools are much higher than 5% or at least they should be repairing and adjusting are done to the best of our ability. My grail tool was ( got one now) a hairspring vibrator probably way less than 1%.  If I had to pick something i would really like it would have to be a platax tool or the upgrade of the jacot tool, I think its called a rollitool ?

Screenshot_20230525-161928_Samsung Internet.jpg

17 hours ago, Waggy said:

not quite sure what it does,

if you know what to do with it and you have the skill and practice it will produce the most beautiful black Polish on the pivot you've ever seen. Or it can also be used to break pivots off if that's what you desire because you didn't practice enough

now the next link isn't so much eight old but basically anything they make almost. True I have their jeweling tool but I purchased that used at a fraction of its cost. Then of course the Chinese clone some of those but more than all the other nifty things they have.

https://www.horia.ch/en/Company.html

for instance for those who like to break pivots and have lots of money of what they have. If you really want one of these tools look on eBay they show up from time to time relatively reasonable price.

https://www.horia.ch/en/Products/Pivotinglathe.html