French and beguinner

French and beguinner.

Live in Paris and 59 years old.

Always love watchs and recently (6 months) discover I can do more than keep them in a box !

In first, repairing some old quartz watchs. My first repairs were sometimes very difficult and make me cry ! My first repair was a citizen 6870 who is not the simplest movement to begin and make me really crazy !

I learn all that I know on the web and specially on YouTube.

Now I make watchs mod, can disassemble/clean/oil/assemble and adjust movements like NH36, 8200 and ETA successfully.

This Hobby is a bit expensive, so as I can, I make my tools.

Bonjour, et bienvenue dans notre petit groupe !
I am still learning French, so for now I must return to speaking English.  Many of us, myself included, started as you did.  And I have made several of my own tools.  Tools can be expensive.  And this entire hobby can be expensive.  But sometimes we are rewarded for it.  Sometimes, at an antiques store or thrift store, I will find a beautiful high-quality watch, and it will be priced very low because it does not run.  It is very exciting to be able to repair it and polish it up, and wear it.  It is satisfying to see them working again as they should be.  I especially like to save antique pocket watches, before scrappers get them and have the gold or silver cases melted down and remove the movement to sell elsewhere.  Many that I find need only a little work to get them running again.  Enjoy this fantastic hobby you have found!