Breitling Blackbird ETA 2892-A2 w/ Dubois Depraz 4500 'big date' stem removal - am I being dumb?

Bit of a weird one, and I'm sure I'm just being idiotic, but it's always worth asking before doing any damage!

It's a Breitling A44359 'Blackbird', which seems to have an ETA 2892-A2 with a Dubois Depraz big date module (4500 maybe?), and I'm stumped as to how to release the stem. If I use the normal 2892 setting lever pin to release the stem, it does so, but then the stem only moves out a mm or so and no further. Having a closer look, the stem is passing through/linked to what seems to be a clutch wheel of some kind (moves back and forth with the stem, and will not pass through the case). This is the first time I've seen a case ring quite like this. The watch runs fine. I just wanted to blow the many dust particles off the dial and give the interior side of the crystal a clean (doesn't show on cam, but there are remnants of a finger print in there). Looking at the movement I don't think the last person to work on it was particularly sympathetic..

I've taken some pics, but I'm not much of a photographer!

20230404_185115.jpg

20230404_191116.jpg

20230404_191402.jpg

First time I attempted to service one these , I asked for advice from my late watchrepairman, he had over 56 years of experience. ( Pardon me please ), he said   " Dubois depraz will service you ".  😩 , he was right.

My expensive experience is yours now for free, you see, things can unexpecdly go wrong. 

Rgds

58 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Pull the crown out to the second position, time setting, then push the button.  Should come out. 

No dice. The stem is released, moves maybe a MM, and then no further.

10 minutes ago, Nucejoe said:

First time I attempted to service one these , I asked for advice from my late watchrepairman, he had over 56 years of experience. ( Pardon me please ), he said   " Dubois depraz will service you ".  😩 , he was right.

My expensive experience is yours now for free, you see, things can unexpecdly go wrong. 

Rgds

I don't want to service the module 😄 Just remove the movement. Someone will know how to release the stem, I'm sure.

8 minutes ago, onecarefulowner said:

No dice. The stem is released, moves maybe a MM, and then no further.

I don't want to service the module 😄 Just remove the movement. Someone will know how to release the stem, I'm sure.

Oh, no shortage of master watchmakers on this here forum.

keeping fingers crossed , there be no mishapp. 

Good luck 

Edited by Nucejoe