I have a Lorsa P75 movement that did not have dial screws. I tried the screws out of P72 and they didn't fit.

Is there alternative to dial screws? I though about dial dots/strips but the movement has a calendar. Conceivably I could wrap the dial foot in dial dot material. But that seems like red neck engineering.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

MikeCJ

1 hour ago, mikecj said:

I have a Lorsa P75 movement that did not have dial screws. I tried the screws out of P72 and they didn't fit.

Is there alternative to dial screws? I though about dial dots/strips but the movement has a calendar. Conceivably I could wrap the dial foot in dial dot material. But that seems like red neck engineering.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,

MikeCJ

I have a P75 with one frozen dial screw and one missing.  I grabbed my BestFit assortment of dial screws and found this one.  Then I fitted it to one of my screw plates.  If you have a screw plate and a lathe, this is an easy make.  The outside thread diameter is 0.8mm

Not all screw plates are the same.  I would not trust anything but the Martin Fils B 26 because that is the only one that worked.

2023-04-01 17_55_04-20230401_175317.jpg ‎- Photos.png

22 minutes ago, RichardHarris123 said:

Which sort? 

23 or 24 would work.

15 hours ago, LittleWatchShop said:

I have a P75 with one frozen dial screw and one missing.  I grabbed my BestFit assortment of dial screws and found this one.  Then I fitted it to one of my screw plates.  If you have a screw plate and a lathe, this is an easy make.  The outside thread diameter is 0.8mm

Not all screw plates are the same.  I would not trust anything but the Martin Fils B 26 because that is the only one that worked.

2023-04-01 17_55_04-20230401_175317.jpg ‎- Photos.png

23 or 24 would work.

I did a test this morning and #11 is too big.  Started doing #12 and the screw broke...lol.  Got it out eventually.

• Sad 1