Timex parts number listing?

Hi all, in trying to get started with repairing watches I have picked up some old Timex items.  I have the service manuals that I found online, but my question has to do with part numbers.  I know you can't buy old parts from Timex any longer, but occasionally you will find someone on ebay who is selling some NOS, and they will list a part number.  Is there some sort of listing of these part numbers and what watches they went into?  Meaning, if I look at the service manual say, for the M24 movement and it shows the 401/1 winding stem with crown, I can find out what Timex part number that would have been when you could have bought parts from them?

The problem I have is I have a mechanical Timex, not sure what model movement it has as I can't get it out of the watch.  I believe this is one of those that must have the crystal removed first to get the movement out.  Unfortunately, I don't have a crystal remover, and I doubt they sell those any longer and not sure what else I might be able to use.  I've looked on the watch face and the only thing that it shows is "Great Brittan" where the model code normally is.  It does say Water Resistant with the three little waves (did that come out in the 1980's?), so I don't think the watch is from the 1960s.

Anyhow, the issue with the watch is the crown and stem.  It is so worn you can't even grip it with your fingers easily.  I'm not sure what the previous owner did to wind it, but they wore all the ridges off of it.  I had removed the crown last night from it, and found a different Timex that I had and tried to swap the crown and stems, but the watch with the issue had a stem that was a bit longer than the other that I had.  The crown was slightly different too, as there was a tube that protruded from the watch case, and the crown would sit over that.

So the bottom line is this, I have found a seller on ebay that a bunch of NOS Timex Crown and stems, but I need to know the correct one for this watch.  Again, I have no idea the watch model.  I have included a few pictures in case someone which more knowledge than me might be able to help.

Thanks again for all the help!

IMG_0363.jpeg

IMG_0364.jpeg

IMG_0366.jpeg

s-l1600.jpg

s-l1600-2.jpg

IMG_0368.jpeg

I'm also a complete newbie to watch repair.  Currently I'm working on a Timex that looks very much like yours, and I have similar dilemmas learning about parts, etc.

Here's a page that looks a lot like what you have pictured, but the site lists many other Timex movements too.

https://heritage1854.com/m105

JerseyMo is right, the movement comes out the front, and you can buy a "claw" crystal remover at https://www.spareparts-watches.com/product/859218/glass-remover although I think I got mine from Amazon.

My main need now is a crystal - for the Timex and a Wesclox that I'm working on, but I can't figure out how to specify the crystals.

Walt

• Like 1

Thanks Mo... not sure how to get the crystal off without that special tool, so this one may have to stay in it as the only thing remotely that could help me are channel locks , and that would just mess up the crystal and a bunch of other things! 

No idea what the model might be (or possibly decade that this may have been made)?  Without being able to see the whole movement, I want to say M24, but then again, just about all I have seen are the M24 's.