Elgin Pocket Watches, Roses And Rottweilers

Greetings

40 years ago, my dad gave me his father's 1925 12s Elgin pocket watch.  I've been hooked ever since.  Now that I'm in my 60's, I finally have the time and income to expand my collection.  My wife, God bless her, tells me if my interest in watches is anything like my interest in roses (we have 600 or so) or Rottweilers (we've rescued 20+ over the past 20 years) we're in for big trouble.

Hoping to reach the point where I am able to do the basic COA on these old timers, (although I've picked up a staking set, so I may have secret bigger plans.) 

These are of my 25 Elgin watches; a 1912  #16022332 Grd 214 Veritas and my Dad's watch, 1925 #28886613 Grd 345.  I love the Veritas because it is so cool.  The ultimate (in my estimation at least) of Elgin's 18s RR series.  I love the other one because it was my father's and his father's. 

Standing by

jk

post-1270-0-35956700-1437426338_thumb.jp

post-1270-0-79296000-1437426395_thumb.jp

Welcome to the forum, I'll be the first to start drooling over the Elgin if Frenchie hasn't already done so, it's a cracker. I hope Will takes his tablets before he sees that one! :)

I look forward to hearing more from you, and I hope you enjoy being part of this great bunch.

Hello JK and welcome,

That is a hell of a couple of intro pics and you have a good right to love the watches especially the family one.

Don't upset the missus or you will be going to the dogs but I am sure you will come up smelling of roses. (apologies to all for that really bad joke :cool: )

Look forward to your postings.

Cheers,

Vic

I have to say that I've always wanted a pocket watch with an up/down indicator - they're like gold dust, and very expensive gold dust at that, in this country.

I agree.  18s, 23j with a power indicator if a rare combination.  It took a remodeled bathroom to get it!  BTW, I was just lusting over your 1917 Father Time.  Lovely!