1940's Ingersoll Victory Wrist Watch, cannon pinion issue.

Moose

Hello All.

I have an Ingersoll wrist watch, which is a Swiss made, pin pallet movement which I have cleaned and serviced, but now cannot identify exactly where the problem lies. I have never worked on this vintage of watch before, so It is likely something very obvious, but just not to me, right now. So my apologies if this all seems a bit obvious to you "older hands".

The watch movement keeps good time on the timegrapher, but the hands are not being driven. Manual time setting works OK.

The movement has a 'riveted to the plate', type of cannon pinion and for time keeping, looks meant to be driving by a subsidiary wheel under the mainspring barrel. (I.e. the barrel has teeth as normal, but there is another wheel with teeth attached under it, mounted on the barrel pinion, which engages with the cannon pinion.

When the keyless works is not in hand setting position, it is possible to move the hour hand very easily, which indicates to me there is (normally) insufficient friction on the cannon pinion), but as the cannon pinion is fixed to the plate, I'm guessing the required friction is set elsewhere, but I'm not sure where or how, as yet.

I have included a photo of the movement overall as I have no idea what movement number it may have other than the engravings "Ingeroll (with a star symbol) Swiss Made". Also a photo of the cannon pinion and how it is driven. I would appreciate a quick pointer as to how the friction is set please.PIC006.thumb.JPG.847ba243df4bbd762ade6b5e97665cb9.JPGingersoll.jpg.a96be185c252bdf7335d91b5505cf677.jpg