Hello, I am new to this forum.  I am an avid collector and watch repair hobbyist.

I have an Elgin Chevron direct read / jump hour which I am repairing and I need an hour dial.  The paint on the dial I have is peeling off.

if you have an idea of someone who may have a dial please let me know.

Thank you for your help.

Denzil

3 hours ago, Denzil said:

Elgin Chevron direct read / jump hour which I am repairing and I need an hour dial.

pictures are always nice so we know exactly what you're talking about. for instance I was thinking a pocket watch until I did a search on the Internet. Yes they did bake pocket watches with indicator discs.

then for those not familiar here's a link to pictures

https://www.vintagehamilton.com/store/p1458/Lord_Elgin_Direct_Read_Chevron_Jump_Hour.html

then I'll send an inquiry to somebody who's greater knowledge than I have on Elgin watches and see what kind of an answer we get back. Usually on anything of vintage it's really hard to get parts but that isn't as vintage is a pocket watch. The other way as you perhaps can find a dial refinishing company who could refinish or make you a new disc perhaps

Edited by JohnR725

you're options are

1. stalk fleabay for a movement or a roasted doner with a good disc (expect to pay out at least 100 on a very good day to 300 on a bad day)

2. dial refinishes can redo the hour disc

thats about it.

the minute plastic disc is reproduced and can be found on fleabay easily enough.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, diveboy said:

you're options are

1. stalk fleabay for a movement or a roasted doner with a good disc (expect to pay out at least 100 on a very good day to 300 on a bad day)

thats about it.

the minute plastic disc is reproduced and can be found on fleabay easily enough.

Thank you for your response.  I have been searching eBay and Etsy and other parts houses but haven’t been able to find the hour disc.  I contacted a number of dial refinishers and none of them have this dial set up to produce.

Denzil

13 hours ago, diveboy said:

you're options are

thats about it.

the minute plastic disc is reproduced and can be found on fleabay easily 

908639E3-C643-453A-835C-2E75CD88967D.jpeg