Omega Seamaster (2892-1SC)

Hello everyone. 

Not sue if my decision will by me in the end or not. I decided to save this old Omega Seamaster. It was badly damaged by water, and as you can see the dial also took a great hit. Movement was resorted and looks and runs perfect. Time can be read easily so I guess the main purpose of the dial is in takt, but the esthetics are a big question. 

So the questions are: What should/can I do with the dial? Is it possible to find a replacement? What are my options? 

Thank you in advance! 

009c5fe7-eee4-4f8d-a74c-510766a32409.jpeg

I have a link that talks a little about dial refinishing and a problem. I would've recommended international dial because I've heard that they do really good work but notice he said it were sold and moved to someplace else. Dial refinishing is interesting in that as far as I know there's no schools teach how to refinished dials so I assume it's a handed down trade to have no idea how these people learn how to refinished dials which means some of her going to be good and some of them are going to be bad obviously.

Oh and notice on his recommendations he doesn't actually say how to reach out to these people. you do a search like I did for international dial I found the yelp page but anything that supposedly their website is either nonfunctional or not exactly what it's supposed to be obviously they do not like Internet business.

http://www.thewatchguy.com/pages/DIAL.html

okay the other name he mentioned at least they have a decent website if that's worth anything

https://krdial.com/

so it basically looks like tile refinishing companies don't like online repair business. It is kind of a specialized field and Norm whether only servicing people in the watch trade which may be why they're not online. Like I know a lot of material houses are not online which means if you're relying on online well you screwed.

• Thanks 1

I have used KRdial.com and International dial. 

International is now out of business since about 8 months ago.  I probably got one his last dials and he did a good job, but, alas...

KRdial made mistakes...not tiny mistakes--gross mistakes!!  They did correct their error at their cost, but still got the lume wrong in the end.  I did not go back for more pain.

There does not seem to be a lot of choices.

Coincidentally, I am servicing an Omeaga Seamaster today and it too has dial problems (see pic).  Mine are worse, because I am missing a couple of markers.

2022-10-10 10_09_12-20221010_093139.jpg ‎- Photos.png

• Sad 1

out of curiosity when I was at work I asked where we send dials to and Kirk dial I may give you the only real link I have which will explain another problem. I remember what I was visiting Rolex in Geneva somebody asked about dials and they said Kirk dial. which I thought was odd that's a Seattle company now the catch is they do go through generations of people so

now the other problem is like Kurt dial is operating like watch material houses do. A lot of them are not online they don't want to deal with online looking at the reviews for the company apparently only likes to deal with facts. I'm assuming if we deal with them they must physically go there something I didn't actually ask how we do dials with them. In any case a lot of the watch material houses and apparently dial companies are basically by word-of-mouth and you're in the trade and you know they exist otherwise they don't want to know that you exist

https://www.yellowpages.com/kent-wa/mip/kirk-dial-of-seattle-inc-9303024

yes I know in this world of the Internet it seems impossible that everyone isn't on the Internet but in the watch material business and apparently the dial business is still exists.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, JohnR725 said:

out of curiosity when I was at work I asked where we send dials to and Kirk dial I may give you the only real link I have which will explain another problem. I remember what I was visiting Rolex in Geneva somebody asked about dials and they said Kirk dial. which I thought was odd that's a Seattle company now the catch is they do go through generations of people so

now the other problem is like Kurt dial is operating like watch material houses do. A lot of them are not online they don't want to deal with online looking at the reviews for the company apparently only likes to deal with facts. I'm assuming if we deal with them they must physically go there something I didn't actually ask how we do dials with them. In any case a lot of the watch material houses and apparently dial companies are basically by word-of-mouth and you're in the trade and you know they exist otherwise they don't want to know that you exist

https://www.yellowpages.com/kent-wa/mip/kirk-dial-of-seattle-inc-9303024

yes I know in this world of the Internet it seems impossible that everyone isn't on the Internet but in the watch material business and apparently the dial business is still exists.

Kirk Rich Dial is in Cucomonga CA and they are on the internet. 

1 hour ago, LittleWatchShop said:

Kirk Rich Dial is in Cucomonga CA and they are on the internet. 

yes I know isn't that a reference the website below

but no matter what were still stuck with interesting problem in this country there are material houses and dial refinishing companies and who knows what else that do not do business on line. The two material houses we do business with do not do business online. Which means we thereafter telephone them or I typically email or physically we go visit them. So not everything is available online in this online world

On 10/4/2022 at 12:06 PM, JohnR725 said:

okay the other name he mentioned at least they have a decent website if that's worth anything

https://krdial.com/

1 minute ago, JohnR725 said:

yes I know isn't that a reference the website below

but no matter what were still stuck with interesting problem in this country there are material houses and dial refinishing companies and who knows what else that do not do business on line. The two material houses we do business with do not do business online. Which means we thereafter telephone them or I typically email or physically we go visit them. So not everything is available online in this online world

Yes.  KRDial does not respond quickly to email.  KR told me that somebody retrieves the emails, prints them out, then hand carries them to him...or something to that effect.  They do respond well to phone calls...in general.  Will even call you back.