Introducing "AKBingear".... truly an honor to be part of this valuable and venerable Forum!

AKBingear

Greetings the Forum!   I am new to being a member of WRT but have been a devoted follower of Mark for years.    Having had a career restoring Steinway pianos for 38 years, when in 2000 made the decision to return to a childhood fascination with clocks and watches since the acoustic piano had about disappeared from the American home, and even STEINWAY & SONS had ceased to be part of the "English Language" as is Xerox, Kleenex and so on which still mean COPY and Facial Tissue, respectively.     A Rhode Islander "forever", wife Karin, a talented metalsmith and jewelry artist and I made a move to Georgia where, in the Appalachian Mountains, we've been very busy restoring clocks and watches for the last few years..... and truly loving it!   Greatly appreciate the broad and elevated level of horological experience of so many enthusiasts and the willingness to share their experience to enable repairers like me to keep timepieces (and their owners) happy!    Pic included here is of the clock-inspired STONE entrance gate to our shop.

IMG_8394.jpg