Seiko 2206A Hibeat Running Fast

I have a Seiko 2206A Hi-Beat, that was running  20 secs/min fast. I have serviced and demagnetized, but the Timegrapher is all over the place and showing 752 sec/day fast. The Beat Errror is down to 0.2 and the amplitude is 250. The correction lever is as far to the stud as it will go. At a loss where to look next.

Any ideas................ ?

Hairspring oil contamination?

The Seiko chrono I refurbished a year or so back was running way to fast when I got it. The problem turned out to be someone had broken the hairspring, clipped the end to tidy it, then glued it to the stud so neatly that is wasn't obvious at a glance. Replacement balance and spring assembly sorted it out.

Magnetism is a common cause of running fast as the coils stick and effectively shorten the hairspring.

A damaged hairspring will do the same...have a closer look at the hairspring and see if any coils are touching. Look at the hairspring and see if it is level.

Anil

Had the same problem in the past even after de-magging, turned out to be contamination as Geo said, even though I had degreased it. Solved it by squirting lighter fluid straight out the can over the balance as a final rinse. I now do this as a matter of course & haven't had any problems since.

Had the same problem in the past even after de-magging, turned out to be contamination as Geo said, even though I had degreased it. Solved it by squirting lighter fluid straight out the can over the balance as a final rinse. I now do this as a matter of course & haven't had any problems since.

Hi, I do this as  a matter of course anyway, but no joy this time. I think I'll try and find a donor movement....