Hands Sizes For 7S26 And 7009 Movements

icon1.gif Hands sizes for 7S26 and 7009 movements

I don't seem to find the 3 shaft sizes (diameters) for the 7009 and 7S26 movements. Does anyone know these? Also, are there any GOOD technical drawings of these movements? For the 7009, I already have the one attached, which is not very informative!!

• Recently Browsing

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Topics

• Ah ok. A new machine is double the price.  I dont know much about cleaning machines ( mine is a very simple diy affair, very easy to fix or replace cheaply and very adjustable in speed, it has a motor that spins a thing which is basically all cleaning machines are and a warm fan or hairdryer does the rest, British logic and ingenuity at it's best ) but if either restoration is good and within the estimated cost then i think you would have a better machine than the pearl for less than half the price. 
    • The est. total cost £220 of buying and restoring either the red vintage Brenray or the National Electric. The new price of a Pearl Cleaner is £460.
    • This will probably come out the top side, you have to remove the bezel holding the glass first. This is a cylinder escapement watch, and given the rust evident on the screws and such, probably not in the best condition. It would be a good idea to find another watch to work on to learn the ropes a bit before going further with this one. The missing winding crown already is an issue- can't tell from the photo but it looks as though the winding stem may be missing, or broken off (or rusted to bits); you almost certainly would have to make or have made a stem for this.
    • I think the movement comes out from the front, so the bezel needs to be removed. I am sorry to say but i think this will be very difficult for a beginner. if you can disassemble the movement, you may find the rust has done extensive damage. I think the part you are asking if it looks right is a dial screw. I can't tell from the photos but is the hairspring in tact?
    • Hi This is the watch I was talking about in my introduction post. It was my Great Granny's watch and I'm going to clean the watch and then find a new winder to replace the missing one. My problem is I cannot get the movement out. I managed to remove the back but I'm now stuck.  How do I remove the movement ? There is a broken screw where the head came off when I tried to unscrew it. The winder is missing and there is a lot of rust. I have some Isopropyl to clean it. I have a watch a little repair kit.  What should I use to  remove the rust? I can see where to remove the strap so I should be able to do that to clean it.